4.21 ~ She's Come Undone

"He's a liar and a coward

"He's a liar and a coward."
- Aria Montgomery

We were all in Aria's living room later that night. Apparently, Ezra was writing a book about all of us and she found out about it last night.

"Did you actually read any of this book?" Spencer asks curiously.

"A few pages. Bits and pieces. Ezra knew who I was before we met. He knew who all of us were. And he knew Alison too." Aria says with tears in her eyes.

"So he admitted to being in a relationship with her?" Emily asks confused.

"Yeah, a brief one." Aria says sadly. "Then he must be Board Shorts." Hanna says as she turns to me.

"Well, Ezra didn't try to kill Alison. His whole book is trying to piece together who did it." Aria explains to us.

"How is he gonna do that when the police can't even figure it out?" I ask annoyed.

"I don't know. He has a theory though." Aria says annoyed. "And? What is it?" I ask confused.

"He thinks that one of us did it." Aria says as she turns to me.

I just scoff as we all turn to her in disbelief. "You're kidding right?" I ask in disbelief.

"Well, now we know it's a work of fiction." Emily says in disbelief. "Which one of us is he trying to pin it on?" Spencer asks curiously.

"I didn't get that far." Aria says quietly. "You didn't think to ask?" Spencer asks frustrated.

"Why? We know that that's not true." Aria says annoyed.

"Just because he wrote a book doesn't mean he's not 'A'. You know, he could be using it as a way to place the blame on one of us and keep suspicion off of him." Emily suggests to us.

"No, he doesn't need to do that. He knows that Ali's alive." Hanna says confused.

"But he didn't know that when he started writing the book." Spencer says annoyed. "Guys, listen, Ezra's not 'A'. He's a writer who found a great opportunity to make a name for himself and he used me. He used us." Aria rambles on frustrated.

I sigh and look down as we all stay silent.

"So wait, what are we saying, that all of that stuff in that room in Ravenswood, that was just research for his book?" Spencer asks confused.

"He's been working on it for years." Aria says annoyed.

"Well, we've seen the surveillance equipment, so we know he's been watching us." Hanna says annoyed.

"He's probably just hoping that we'd lead him to Alison, so he could finally get his big ending." Aria says annoyed.

"If he's been watching us, then he has to know about 'A'. I mean, how could he sit back all this time and not do anything to help you?" I ask as I turn to Aria.