Chapter 2

Presley's POV

I hated when my parents would ask that question, if I was interested in someone I would be with them. I had several flings, and that's all they were, flings.

Meaningless sex, no feelings attached, no sparks.

Sometimes it was like an itch that couldn't be scratched, especially when I fell into a rut, my wolf wanted more and more each time.

At times I wondered if I should just settle down with a submissive wolf, although I wasn't attracted to any of them. It would appease my pack members, my council, and most importantly my family. I mainly slept with dominant wolves or submissives, I couldn't find it in me to ever touch an omega, let alone sleep with one.

In my eyes, I wasn't attracted to omega's, they were small compared to my 6'4 self, I felt as if I would break them. In my mind, I couldn't even come up with a clue on what second gender my mate would be... I never cared about their first gender because, in reality, it was all the same. If I'd been asked years ago, when I had first turned eighteen, my answer would have been a sweet submissive wolf. A beautiful wolf that would rule the pack by my side. The perfect Luna. At one point and time, I could have possibly seen myself with an omega, but now I felt tainted.

Many omega's chose not to have sex before mating even when they were in heat, just for the fear of getting pregnant with someone that was not their mate. Not all omega's chose to do so, but many did. I would feel as if I were doing them wrong, having had so many partners in my time being without them.

Sighing, I gave my dad an uninterested look. "Obviously not, or I would have brought them here." I finally replied.

"Well, your mom and I aren't getting any younger. It seems like Adam will give us grandchildren with his mate before you do." My dad crossed his arms over his chest.

"At least he has his mate. What if my mate is a dominant male? What then?" I asked pointedly.

Giving me a sympathetic smile he responded, "I would be happy that you found your mate and that our family got one person added to the crazy mess that is us. I know there are other ways to have an alpha child, son. Hell, even if your brother just so happens to have one, and you and your mate would be happy just being together, that's all I would care about, kid." He sighed, "You're just so far into your work, I see you living no life... I want you to have time to enjoy yourself, to enjoy having someone to share that time with."

I swallowed, biting down on my lip. When my dad would talk like this, it made me long for the time where I was nervous on my eighteenth birthday hoping to find my mate. When it didn't happen, I waited, and waited, giving up after a couple of years.

"Well thank you for that, but honestly I'm content with how things are going right now. Maybe after a while, I'll actively seek out someone to mate with."

Giving me a solemn look, he nodded in response.

I knew he only wanted what was best for me, and honestly right now, being alone didn't bother me. I wasn't held back because of a relationship. I didn't have to worry about anyone when I traveled to other packs to conduct audits. I didn't have to think about my actions and how they could affect my mate.

Everything was alright in my eyes.

---

When I landed in Italy, the first thing I wanted to do was stretch my legs and go for a run in my wolf form. Although there was still an hour's drive to the Cervo Davanti pack. One thing I hated most about traveling was the time change, I was exhausted although it was morning.