Epilogue

This is the second chapter of the day, don't forget to read Chapter 40!!!!

Charlie

Trigger warning: mentions of suicide, self-harm, read with caution

Years passed, and Atlas grew older. He was a bit odd for an alpha, having white hair on his wolf's coat and white hair on the bottom half of his head when in human form. Miles didn't know how to describe it and didn't understand what anomaly our son was until it happened.

The year he turned sixteen, he had his first heat.

The part that made no sense was that he also held the characteristics of an alpha. Miles had run countless tests on him, which I didn't have a hand in, mainly because it was due to my son's sexual nature. By the end the diagnosis that Miles and a few others told us that Atlas had both characteristics of an alpha and an omega. He had a complete reproductive system of an omega, but he also had the reproductive system of that of an alpha. Miles made the assumption that I may have been pregnant with twins, and Atlas absorbed his twin, which was a lot to take in, knowing we could have had a little omega here with us today with our alpha son.

It was a lot for both Presley and I to figure out. Atlas didn't even know what he wanted to do with the diagnosis, and he continued training to be the alpha of the pack because he wanted to follow in Presley's steps. Slowly but surely, he didn't even want to show up to his training with Presley.

His teenage years were the worst after he got his diagnosis, and there would be times when he was just on the edge of his own sanity, then the next he would be fighting with packmates just because, with no good rhyme or reason either. The diagnosis of him being something new, an alpha/omega, had sent him into a tailspin.

I didn't want to see my boy, who had been so sweet and so kind, turn into the man he was becoming. Presley tried to be firm with him, tried to keep him in line. Nothing seemed to work. The first time we had been called by the human police department was the beginning of hell for Presley and I.

Nothing we did seemed to stick, we would take his electronics, and he'd just steal them back and hide in his room. It seemed like the harsher the punishment we would give him. His retaliation would be ten times worse.

I didn't know how to help him deal with the overwhelming amount of emotions he felt...

He was nothing but a shell of the baby boy he used to be, picking wildflowers for me. He would bring me back something that he caught when Presley took him on hunting trips. He excelled in school. He would kiss me before school, before bed... But that version of him slowly disappeared with time.

Then that fateful day came when my beautiful boy tried to take his own life. He had bottled everything up so much that he had felt like that was his only way out of his pain and suffering. He didn't even let us know about it. He had bottled himself up. He turned to drinking copious amounts of human alcohol to get the buzz.

I remember the cold touch of his skin as he slowly faded. I remember the look of disappointment in Atlas's eyes when his eyes opened for the first time since that day. Since then, he hadn't spoken to us. He just looked like he was void of life.

When he turned 18, he didn't feel the pull of his mate within our pack. It was like watching my son spiral all over again. That night he had torn up his room. He was throwing everything around, trashing the entire room, leaving nothing untouched. I slowly walked into the room and pulled him into my arms, letting him cry it out on the floor with me. Presley joined us when he came home and saw what a mess his room was.

I didn't know how to make everything better for him, and I didn't know how to make him feel better. I felt like I had failed as a parent. Because I couldn't make him feel better, I couldn't stop the cries of agony. The first words he spoke to me in months and months were those of anguish.

"I hate who I am, what I am. I'm such a fuck up. I'm a freak." He had screamed at us. His throat was raw from crying. "Why can't I just be normal for once? Why can't anything go right for me?" he had asked.

Presley and I didn't know how to fix this.

This wasn't a wound that we could kiss and tell him that it would be all better. Nothing we said would have been right at that moment.

"You'll be okay, son. Your dad and I didn't meet until I was in my mid-twenties. Your dad was almost thirty." Presley managed to find the words to say.

Atlas's face turned a bright red, and the tears began to fall from his eyes furiously. "You don't get it!" My son jumped out of our grasp. "You never got it!" He yelled, making me flinch back. "You and Papa are normal. You don't have to experience two fucked up sex-driven heats and ruts. I hate myself. I hate my body."

"Don't say that." I choked up, reaching out and grabbing one of his hands. "We love you no matter what. I know you're going through something difficult right now. Please don't shut your papa and me out again." I pleaded.

"You don't understand!" He yelled. "I'll never be good enough for anyone or anything. Why didn't you let me die that day?"

"Boy, you better sit down right now. Don't you talk to your dad like that," Presley got to his feet, towering over Atlas.

"Or what?" He shook his head. "What are you and dad going to do now? I'm eighteen. You can't control what I do anymore."

"I can't control what you do anymore, you're correct, but I can control whether or not if I hand the pack down to you or not," Presley replied, his face turning stone cold.

"I'm not even an alpha anyways. That dream died the moment I had my heat." He spat. "You and dad should have had another less of a fuck up kid."

"Stop saying that," I cried. "Please. You're perfect. You're my little boy, and you always will be."

"I'm not little anymore. Stop treating me like I'm a baby. Treat me like I should be, the biggest disappointment of your life." He hissed through his teeth. "I can't pretend to ignore the look of constant pity in your eyes."

That was the last thing he said to me. He kicked Presley and I out of his room.

The next day, he was gone...

Want more? Continue to book three. The Alpha Omega

A/N:Well, this is it!!! Another book completed!!! I think 3 books in 3 years isn't too bad, I'm a bit of a slow writer, but I wanna make sure I'm producing something great for you guys. I can't wait until we get these in physical copies, I will probably be doing a give away for all unedited books on patreon soon. So look out for that~~

Don't forget that you can get the prologue to The Alpha Omega on Patreon, it is available to the peach tier.

Check out my other works. I'm thinking that my Mafioso series will be the one I love the most!!! (I love all of my work, don't get me wrong.)

Also don't forget that Karsen, Rowan, and Erin's book/shortstory is on patreon as well!!! https://liinks.co/neonskies95