Chapter 37

Charlie

Erin was curled up to Karsen's side on our sofa. I gave the omega a sad smile and asked to speak to him separately in Presley, and I's room. He met my brother's eyes and broke away from him.

Presley and I had talked a bit before everyone arrived and came to the agreement of me pulling Erin aside and telling him the news before everyone else, just to make sure he would be okay with it. He got off of the couch and followed me into my room. I motioned for him to sit on my bed.

He did so and looked at me with a questioning look. "So," I began, walking back and forth. Making sure I wouldn't make the omega upset. "I wanted to confirm with you before I announced it to everyone." I stopped and turned to him. I pulled my oversized sweatshirt up, exposing my large stomach where my baby rested below my heart, not knowing if this was the best way to tell him, but I didn't know the best way to announce it without feeling like I was inconsiderate to him.

Erin's red eyes widened, "Oh, goddess, how many are you carrying?" He quickly jumped to his feet, putting his hand against my belly.

"I'm only carrying one." I gave him a soft smile. "I'm about six months along now."

"Wait–" He furrowed his brows, shaking his head. "Wait, how long have you known?"

"We've known for a while. Since before Presley was attacked." I replied. "Then, when he got home, so much happened, and well... We haven't had the time to tell anyone other than Miles of course." I rambled, staring down at his hand.

"Oh goddess," his voice cracked. "Please don't tell me that you kept this all a secret because of me?" Tears began to form in his eyes.

"Partly, but Presley also had his issues as well. We didn't know when a good time would be to tell everyone about this little one." I put my hand right above Erin's. "The reason I brought you in here separately is that I want to make sure with you that it's okay to tell everyone?" I asked him.

Erin wiped at his eyes, ridding his face of the tears that had fallen. "I'm so sorry. I ruined your mating ceremony, and then I messed up your pregnancy announcement." His voice cracked.

"Hardly." I reached out and cupped Erin's face with one of my hands. "We knew what you were going through was something that would be hard for anyone to deal with. Not only with your son but finding out you have another mate. We didn't want to add more to your list." Erin nodded his head.

"Thank you." He wiped at his face again. "You two really didn't have to do that."

"We did." I nodded. "You deserve kindness and respect just as much as everyone. Plus, we just realized it'll be harder to keep it from everyone now that this little one is showing." I giggled. "Thank you for being okay with this."

"Why wouldn't I be? A child is always something that should be celebrated." He gave me a pained smile.

"Because you're going through something no parent should," I replied.

"I have hope that he's okay." He balled his hands up to his chest. I could tell he was trying his best to keep himself together. I pulled him into a hug and let him cry. I could only imagine what he was feeling, to have the raging hormones after having a child run rampant.

I just let him let all of it out. It wasn't uncommon to see him cry when he was around everyone. My mom had helped them take care of Alicent when both Karsen and Rowan went out to search for Gage. Erin was there, but his mind was elsewhere. I could only imagine what losing a pup would feel like. It was clear even though the child was Mateo's. He loved that boy with all of his heart. I could tell that Rowan had stepped into the father role for him. Because he, too, at times, would be beside himself. I had caught him crying a few times outside, but I knew better and looked the other way.