-NOT NORMAL IS GoOD-

Ichigo had heard everyone talking about how there'd be a new student at the school. Why was it such a big fuss? It wasn't like Karakura was that small of a town. Then again, he also heard that the new student had a doctor as a dad who even owned a full-fledged hospital! That meant this new student's dad was likely very rich which meant the teachers were probably going to pamper the new kid and treat them like royalty. Was it a bit cynical for a fourth-grader to think like that? Yeah. But given what Ichigo's dealt with, it wasn't surprising his thoughts were like that. Ichigo sat down in his seat and waited for the new student to show up. The teacher went through roll call, each student answering to their name.

"Tatsuki Arisawa?"

"Here, ma'am!"

"Keigo Asano?"

"Here!" The rest of the names went by rather quickly until Ichigo's came up. He was used to it by now. Used to what? How Ms. Ainei's voice became a little bit less cheery whenever his name came up on the roll. It was as if saying his name was like inviting a murderer into your home. Even with most of the adults, they thought of him as a nuisance.

"And Ichigo Kurosaki?" She asked. A sliver of a smile formed on Ichigo's face as the response came to mind.

"Sorry to disappoint you Ms. Ainei, but I'm still here!" Ichigo said, adding a bit of cheer to his voice. He heard Zangetsu snicker in his head, the Hollow doing everything he could not to burst out laughing in Ichigo's mind. Keigo looked like he was trying not to laugh too and Tatsuki threw a quick glare at the teacher before going back to help Keigo keep his mouth shut. 10 minutes went by before the new student arrived. While Uryu looked normal enough, Ichigo knew even the smallest abnormalities could and would be exploited by kids who cured their boredom by picking on the odd ones out. Uryu's only oddity was his glasses, but even something as small as that could be made into a living hell with enough persistence. Given who Uryu was, that'd be child's play for his eventual torment. And who was he?

That kid's a pushover, King. They'll eat him alive.

Then I'll be his friend so me and Tatsuki can protect him. He'll at least be safe from Warusai.

Alright, just be careful King. This kid's reiatsu is strange.

Maybe he's like me! And not in the Hollow thing, but the spirituality aware thing!

Zangetsu couldn't help but smile at the thought of his King having someone who knew the supernatural side of things. Ichigo got back paying attention to his classmates, Uryu included. The teacher put Uryu next to him and Ichigo was quick to introduce himself. They talked about various things, even what instruments they played.

"I just play the flute. My father wanted me to have diverse set of talents, which includes music apparently." Uryu said, though he didn't seem very proud of it. "Do you play any instruments, Ichigo?"

"Yeah. My mom taught me piano, so I play it every now and then." Ichigo said. They talked and did their work till recess came. When the recess bell rung, all the kids ran out the class and to the playground. The air was filled with chatter of what the kids would do during recess and some were just squeals of excitement. Even if it was something done over and over, recess was something that got any kid excited. Ichigo went over to the monkey bars, Uryu tailing behind him. It wasn't until long that they were met with Keigo and Tatsuki. With effortless ease, Ichigo dodged Keigo's tackle hug, causing the brunette to trip and land face first in the dirt.

"What the heck, Strawberry?!" Keigo snapped, rubbing dirt off his face. Ichigo helped Keigo up, a slight smile on the strawberry's face.

"My reflexes have gotten better, that's all." Tatsuki got an irritated look on her face, assuming the source of Ichigo's improved reflexes to be due to Warusai. Ichigo quickly assured her that wasn't the case, though Tatsuki held her suspicions.