-The Past is a Dreadfully Wonderful Thing-

Urahara looked down at the orangette hanging in his arms as he ran down the halls. He certainly wasn't expecting signs of hollowfication to show this early, though they might have been triggered by Ichigo's interactions with his hollow. While Urahara was tempted, oh so tempted, to run some tests on Ichigo, he knew that Isshin would have his head on a pike if he so much as lay a hand on Ichigo. Not willing to risk the wrath of the former 10th Divison captain, Urahara rushed to the front of the hospital and found Isshin barely resisting the urge to punch a woman with gaudy makeup and horribly permed hair. The two turned to Urahara and the woman, seemingly unaware of the barely restrained beast next to her as she decided to open those red-smeared flaps of flesh she called lips.

"Why did I even bring my son to this ramshackle 'clinic'?! You're letting hobos spirit away with that devil-" Isshin punched the woman before she could utter another word to slander his son, his face in a horrid and utterly terrifying scowl.

"DON'T SAY ANOTHER WORD ABOUT MY SON, YOU HAG! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HELL HE'S BEEN THROUGH AND I'M NOT GOING TO LET SOME PIG LIKE YOU CALL HIM A DEVIL!" He roared, looking down at the terrified woman who now sported a nasty bruise that not even her hoard of makeup would succeed in hiding.

"Give me your pager, Kisuke. Aizen needs to get here and I know just how to do it. Get the girls, too." Urahara shifted his hold of Ichigo, tossing his Soul Pager to Isshin who grabbed his keys and presumably went to his car. Urahara pitied Aizen in that instant, but was thankful he wasn't on the receiving end of Isshin Shiba's wrath. Urahara went into the Kurosaki household and found the room shared by twins Karin and Yuzu. Karin woke up upon hearing the creaking of the door but didn't seem that fazed by it.

"Dad didn't beat the crap out of you, so I guess I'll trust you. Just don't do anything gross to me or my siblings." She said and got her shoes on, waking Yuzu up and reassuring her that the weird hat man was going to help their brother and things were going to be okay. With that, the four went out of the house and Urahara smirked a little upon seeing that pig with the ugly perm had left.

"Now girls, I'm going to need you to hang onto me real tight, okay? What I'm going to do is called a shunpo; it'll let me go really fast and will let us get to where we need to go, but I don't want you two getting hurt." Urahara said, bending down to let the girls cling onto him. They were around 6 or 7 and while he certainly didn't have Zaraki's frame, he could support the two. After feeling the twins securely on his shoulders, Urahara got up.

"Alright! The Urahara Express will be leaving the station in ...3...2...1!" With that, he shunpoed into the night, the two girls holding on for dear life as he dashed through the streets of Karakura until arriving at the Shoten, where Yoruichi awaited.

"I'll take the twins, you handle that little anomaly in your arms." Yoruichi said, walking up behind Urahara and grabbing the twins. Urahara walked into the shoten and the twins tried to follow but were pulled back by Yoruichi.

"That's not a good idea right now. Your brother isn't quite himself and could end up hurting you two. Then he'd feel really sad when he was himself again. You don't want him to feel bad, right?" Yoruichi asked and both twins were adamant about not wanting their brother to feel bad. Maybe because of all the shocking events going on, the twins didn't ask for Yoruichi to elaborate. That was good, because Yoruichi felt she'd have the headache of the century trying to explain the world of the supernatural to these two. The three headed in and decided to have some tea, with Yoruichi assuring the twins that Ichigo would be alright and they could talk with him after Urahara helped him.

______________________ 

Aizen was never one to lose his cool or show even the slightest bit of nervousness, especially in front of those who regarded him as a leader. So when he got a call from Urahara in the middle of a meeting with his Espada, he expected some cheery hello from the scientist or for it to have been a buttdial from Yoruichi. So, raising a finger to signify the meeting was put on pause, he answered the ringing Soul Pager.