Chapter 3

The scene was a familiar one. Namek, beautiful Namek: the sky its own color, so different from the ugly cities of Earth. The wind was calm, his hair swayed under the tension.

"Something's not right. Why am I here?"

A chuckle came from behind. He turned, and stared blankly at the form before him.

"Frieza?"

His voice was dark as he stared at the white devil. He got in his fighting stance, but the form merely tilted its head, calmly watching him.

"Are you afraid of your wife, Son Gokou?"

Gokou stared at the evil before him. What was this? A trick? He wouldn't fall for it. He didn't answer. The form chuckled, but repeated again with a more demanding, annoyed tone.

"You're supposed to be dead! There's no way that you could be here."

"I'm here because you passed out thinking about me, and how afraid you are that a monster like me is going to come and attack your pretty little planet."

Gokou swallowed.

"Are you afraid of your wife, Gokou?"

"No."

It laughed again. Gokou's gaze darkened.

"Of course you aren't. A warrior such as you shouldn't even be bothered by women at all. You're not afraid of anything, are you?"

The wind blow again. Gokou stood straight, staring at the threat that was not trying to attack him.

"No."

"Should you be?"

Gokou blinked. What bizarre questions. What vague answers. Why else would Frieza ask such things? He was trying to trick him. But Gokou answered too quickly before he understood what he'd just said.

"I don't know. Everyone else is, I guess."

"Do you love your wife, Gokou?"

"You're kidding!"

By that time, Gokou no longer feared anything Frieza could do to him. Frieza was trying to intimidate him, and it wouldn't work.

"You said that a bit quickly. Why don't you think about it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you hurt her if you love her so much...?"

Gokou's blood ran cold. How dare he suggest...

Gokou froze and glared at Frieza hard and dark. He would never do anything to hurt ChiChi. Never. He was the good guy.

"...Am I in this... place again?"

"Namek is also a very beautiful place, no?"

Frieza looked down at his reflection in a lake, speaking in a daze. Gokou shook his head.

"I mean... Am I...?"

"If you're meaning to ask me if you're dreaming, then the answer is yes."

"Then I can wake up if I want to."

"You can." Frieza nodded to this, still watching himself.

"I want to wake up."

Frieza gave a furious burst of speed and power as he thrust his fist into Gokou's chest. Blood pour out, like a waterfall...but it was all too quick, and the next thing Gokou saw was shadows in his room as he shot up in bed in a cold sweat.

...

Sorry this was short, I'm losing ideas for this book! How was it?