Chapter 6

Chichi sighed and watched the sun. The sky was a beautiful combination of pinks and oranges, the day was ready to begin, and she would be alone until it ended.

And so she did.

She would have smiled more, but they didn't want smiles from her, now did they? A clean house and food on the table, clothes washed, words whispered in her mind, but she'd never thought about leaving. Not until the next day.

Gokou didn't come home that night, nor did he the next morning. Chichi spent the entire day aimlessly walking around, pinching her arms, shaking, her back was always so cold, she knew there was one cure to the ice pouring down her heart, but she never asked of it, asking of anything was too much. The rain poured without mercy, she didn't want it to stop. The gray... it was the color of her heart.

She was locked in the house because she had nowhere to go. Gokou would return hungry, and she would cook for him. It was midnight; she walked out and stared at the stars. It was a beautiful but cloudy night. She wanted to live in midnight forever.

And then, a thought...

'I could leave... I could leave and never return...'

But she stared at herself. Her heart hurt. She wanted to cut it out. She shook, and then she looked to the side, one of the larger trees by the house... Pain seethed as she remembered how her Gokou'd been so sweet. That was when they were teenagers.

They'd just been settled in their new home. He drew a little heart. She remembered. So long ago.

"First, you write my name."

"Gokou, are you doing?"

How she'd giggled. Like that time wouldn't end. But she wrote his name inside the heart.

"Now I'll write yours."

He was a funny person. His handwriting was usually scraggly but her name was there, as neatly as his. There it was:

Chi-Chi & Gokou

I love you.

It seemed unlikely... To even her it seemed unreal and untrue. She couldn't see it on the old bark. It probably was scratched off.

Tears streaked down her cheeks and combined with the rain. She thought she knew him. She didn't see his true face until that Vegeta and his Saiya-Jin friends came. Somehow, she felt indebted to the monsters for coming, and taking her husband away.

Was it taking him away, or showing how he really was? Before she knew it, he'd left again and this time took her little boy. Her little boy. He was a child, he could get hurt, even worse killed, Kami-Sama knew what he could have seen there. Trauma. His mind was young and impressionable. He needed to be studying and living like a normal little boy.

He took her baby boy away. She'd lost him, and maybe one day she could've gotten over it, but he took her little boy. She needed her little boy, more than he knew it.

'And where is he now!'

She bitterly thought. She didn't want to know where he was. What if... so many what ifs.

Chichi leaned against the same tree only a few days before Piccolo leaned against as he and her husband had a heated discussion. It was so cold. She was so cold, but she let her shawl slip to the side.

Rain poured. The days when her husband was there... it was warm and happy outside. Soon, it became freezing and wet. She sighed and slid to the muddy ground...

The rain came harder.

Chichi didn't care if she didn't see her husband again. She wanted to stay in this place, in this rainy midnight.

...

I'm running out of ideas!! How was it? ;-;