42

??? POV

I sat by my home office desk, slipping a glass of Château Lafite Rothschild wine. I sighed in content, leaning back in my seat and twirling the drink in my hands. Everything was going as I planned and that was all I needed.

My phone rung and I smiled. Finally.

I picked it up.

"What have you got for me?" I asked the person on the other side.

"I've been trying to get as close to her as I could sir but she's tougher than I thought."

"I know that. She must be. I've been doing a lot of background checks on her," I said, flipping through the different but blurry pictures of girls. The only thing I knew was a place they called the safe house. I had no idea what they do there but I was going to find out. "The only thing you need to know is her name isn't Dalia like you'd told me."

The only Dalia I could find in my records was Andre Gates' daughter who was long dead. The billionaire didn't care much for her. I could see it when I visited him at their home. He only favored his older two.

"Its not?"

"No. It's something else. Find out what it is."

"Yes sir."

"Anything more?"

"We are at the country club right now like you said sir. They are going to pry Lesedi for information."

"And you must make sure they get enough to kill Sante. I don't want him ruining my plans. If you must, kill him yourself."

"Whatever you say sir but... what about Lesedi. We can't have him getting loose-"

"Don't worry about him. I have someone who's going to take care of that," I said taking a sip of my wine. "What about that boy, Vittore?"

"He's more discreet than Dalia sir. He keeps his secrets close."

"Not for long though," I mumbled with an evil smile. I was going to break that little shit and I knew just the way to do it. No matter what life you live in, no matter if he's as cold and emotionless as a stone, he did have a breaking point. Something that made him weak and I knew what it was.

The Martinelli familia would crumble under my hands, that was for sure and the Ravens would take over and be the most powerful mafia in the world. This Dalia character has given me the break through that I needed.

"I have to go sir."

"Go and do not disappoint," I said.

"I won't."

The line was cut and I placed my phone back on the desk. Standing up, I stretched and bones in my back popped. I walked out and saw my wife, her red hair in a bun, sporting a sexy blue lingerie set. I licked my lips as she came closer and looped her arms around my neck.

"Andre's been calling and its fucking annoying," she whispered, starting to plant kisses on my neck.

"He never has been one to mind his own fucking business. I'll deal with him later but now... I have you," I said back to the beautiful woman in front of me, picking her up so her legs wrapped around my waist.

She moaned when I moved my hips and I kissed her chest as I walked us to our room.

Things were looking up for me and that was something I liked. I was in too deep to go down now and I surely wouldn't crumble. The mafia world was now my chess piece and I was carefully moving the pieces to get to Vittore, the king.

He was too young to be in the position he was in and the fact that he'd been holding it from a ripe age of 18 did not make me happy. Such important tasks shouldn't be given to children who have no fucking idea what they were doing.

I was going to change that.

And I was doing it my way.