47

The day I finish this book... *dreamy sigh*

Anyway... we were #1 in steamy. It might have been for a few seconds but it still was true and soon, it will live up to its position if you know what I mean.  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quadruple update!!

47

"Let's ditch him," Peyton suggested. "It wouldn't be so hard. We should just drive off and that will be over and done with."

"That idea is so tempting," Lily mumbled from the back seat.

We were all in a black van, at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. After the little chat with Vittore yesterday, he thought it was best we leave to kill Sante as soon as possible. King was leading the way and being stuck in a car with him the past four hours has been hell. He was an annoying bundle of energy that would never shut up. I got tired of listening to my own accent on his lips.

What irked me more was that Faye found him tolerable. I mean, Faye was a kind and naturing spirit, of course she would like the bloody idiot but that didn't go for the rest of us. I looked out the passenger side window, seeing him buying some snacks from inside the station.

"We leave him, we don't complete the mission," I stated the obvious and the girls in the van with me sighed.

"Can't we at least bound and gag him?" Lily asked hopefully, an evil glint in her eye.

"He won't be any help to us then now would he?" I asked and leaned back, closing my eyes and drinking some of the orange juice in my bottle.

We were supposed to be gone for only four days, that was the time Vittore gave us and Faye had taken it as her job to pack for me the food I needed the entire trip. She was an angel honestly. I was feeling a lot better these days. No dizzy spells and just a few sleepless nights.

I sighed when I saw King come back, hands full of snacks as he sat next to a miserable looking Lily at the back.

"Ok darlings I got everything from Pringles to Doritos. Anyone want anything? Trust me when I say most options here are the salty ones an-"

"King?" I called cutting him off.

"Yeah?" he answered and he sounded like he'd already gotten to some of the food if the loud chewing said anything.

"I'm willing to sacrifice this whole mission and throw your ass out of my van of you don't shut the fuck up. Understood?" I threatened in a sickly sweet voice.

"Oh sure. No worries. I'll just be back here, lips sealed," King said quickly but there was nervousness he couldn't hide in his tone. He did keep quiet which was fine but then he opened a packet of chips.

His chewing was so loud in the car and the crinkling of paper was getting to my nerves. It was only when I heard him open a new bag that I snapped. I reached behind us, grabbing all the snacks he bought, including the one in his hand and tossed them at my feet.

I sat back down, a huff escaping my lips as King silently chewed what was left of his food in his mouth.

"That was rude you know," the younger boy pointed out and I just rolled my eyes. If he didn't eat so freaking loud, he'd have his chips. I was already exhausted from the drive here and for some unknown reason, my mind wondered to Vittore.

The damn Italian was all I could think about when the prospect of finishing this mission came to mind. I'd see him again and after thinking it over, I'd sign the marriage contract. I mean I basically had last night, filling in where all my signatures were needed, the hard part was handing it to him. Something I planned to do if this went well.

I'd told myself the only reason why I wanted to sign it was to go to the mafia convention and not because the thought of him and I together didn't stir something within me. Something I didn't like in the slightest but I didn't have to worry about that at the moment.

I had to get through this mission first.

"Stop here!"

Peyton slammed the brakes at King's unexpected command, cars hooting at her as she pulled up on the side of the road.

"What? What is it?" I asked and King opened the door, getting out.

"This is my stop," he announced and I glared at him.

"Excuse me?"

"Look, Sante and I didn't part on good terms ok? I'd rather not even breathe in the same vicinity as his domain. Just keep driving straight on this road. You'll hit a town, Brookehills. Take the first left. There's a warehouse there. Sante meets with his goons and most of the people in his mafia for a meeting. Most times, they exchange weapons and stuff," King explained, his hands on his hips.

"What about security. What's it like?" I asked.

"The place all around the warehouse is closed which isn't hard to do. It's basically separated from the town surrounded by nothing at all. There's a lot of security so good luck with that," King teased with a chuckle.

"What about the town. What can you tell me about it?" I inquired, a plan already brewing in my mind.

"Small but has some great people. Everyone knows everyone and they all sure love to party this side of the state," King answered and a smile slipped on my face.

"Anything else?"

"Sante will be at the meeting tomorrow night. That is if you can pull this shit off and actually kill him."

"Thank you and good luck with everything. Peyton?" When I turned to the brunette, she didn't waste time starting the car and speeding down the empty road. I saw King watching us through the review mirror and chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Lily asked from behind.

"Oh nothing. Snacks anyone?" I asked lifting up the bags I still held. The girls and I dug in and I was half way through a tin of Pringles when we hit the town, Brookehills. The left turn off was just up ahead too.

"Continue going," I told Peyton and she obliged. We went right into the quaint little town and it was so much different from Las Pavita.

It seemed like a good place to lay low and the atmosphere was distracting. I saw a library up ahead and told Peyton to park next to it. I slipped off the baggy t-shirt I was wearing and told Lily to give me a short sleeved button up one.

"What's this for?" she asked as I tied up the buttons of the light blue material.

"I'm guessing that place has some sort of blueprint of the warehouse and I'm going to get it. Lily, do you have fake glasses?" I asked.

"Do I?"

A pair was set in my hands and I slipped them on, the unfamiliar feeling of the foreign object on my face momentarily passing. I lifted my hips and tucked my new shirt into the jeans I was wearing.

"Peyton, go to a coffee shop or something and get a guy's number," I commanded and the brunette nodded.

"What about me?" Lily asked.

"Guard the car. Your job will be much more useful later. We all meet back here in twenty ok?"

A chorus of yeses rung through the car and I opened the door, slipping out. I grabbed a laptop bag that Lily had carried and threw it over my shoulder. The weight of the Macbook inside could easily be felt as I strolled up to the library.

The plan I had was extremely risky and it all depended on the blueprints I was about to get.

Hopefully this goes well.