53

Its been about two weeks since Alexa and Maddox came back with Angel, two weeks since I saw her too. I'd mostly been confined to Vittore's penthouse healing up. Faye had been the best. She came over everyday and we cooked something new together. Having dinner, her, Vittore and I had become somewhat of a routine.

Ever since Vittore and I's uh... bonding, I've been staring at him a lot more than I usually do. I've noticed a few key things like how his jaw ticks when he's angry or how he crosses his arms over his chest when he's serious or not in the mood for something. He licks his lips a lot, mostly when he's glancing at me, something that had failed to go unnoticed by my mind.

Something had changed. Being around him was more comfortable than anything. My mind though tasked with many thoughts, had been more settled. I didn't have as many nightmares. Safe to say, I was getting better.

Something told me it wouldn't last but I wasn't dwelling on that.

I was just so relaxed these days that I decided to explore the building this evening. Faye would be over in about an hour or two so I had time. I was all healed up and full of energy, even managed to meditate this morning.

Basically, things were good.

I learnt what being Dona meant... well sort of. Vittore had given me a rundown. I was yet to meet his board, something I wanted to do when everything was settled. No more Ravens, no more Jordan, no more of my sperm donor and incubator. Only then would I be at rest.

Vittore has sort of included me in what goes on in the mafia though he held back a few things which I totally understood. He just told me more about the drugs he transports, the clubs he owns, one being the one I had first escaped to where I robbed some guys. That seemed like so long ago. Anyway it explained how he found me which sucked but I couldn't have it any other way really.

I pulled on a shirt over the sports bra and leggings I was wearing, slipping my feet into some comfortable sneakers as I left the penthouse through the elevator for the first time in days. The first place I was going to, which I was honestly excited about, were the two floors under the garage. I pressed the first button and a panel opened, needing my thumbprint. I sighed snd placed my thumb, not thinking it would work but it did.

I removed my finger from the panel as it closed. I didn't know Vittore had already put me in the system.

Wait...

How did he get my thumbprint?

I frowned as the elevator descended, making a mental note to talk to him about it when I saw him again. The elevator dined open behind me an I was shocked for a second before I turned.

Oh dear ancestors.

My eyes widened as I moved closer. I'd never seen a place more beautiful.

It was a large circular training room. Just in front of me we had the basics, mats on the floors for close combat, rings for boxing, punching bags, weight, treadmills and a lot fo other equipment I couldn't name. This was the bottom floor of two, the top one I could see people using knives and staffs. The sound of gunshots was muffled but clearly heard so there had to be a shooting rage somewhere here.

I moved more inside, passing people training, some glancing at me. Most of the people here were men, maybe a few women here and there but it made no sense. Women made better warriors because no one would ever expect a girl to hit them with karate all of the sudden. The guys here were big and clearly intimidating. I was Dona so maybe I could change that...

I was so going to flex this while Dona thing while I had it though. Who wouldn't? I climbed the set of metal stairs to the top floor and saw a mini dojo in the corner where some Asian looking dudes were meditating. There was also a section for gymnastics, some woman running on a beam and a guy balancing on a silk rope that hung from the ceiling.

I walked ahead to a corridor that ended in a weapons room and almost cried at how many beautiful and wonderful weapons were just laying around, waiting for me to use them. I was intrigued by a set of daggers but before my hand could touch a pretty black one, my wrist was grabbed.

My fight or flight instincts kicked in and I tried to throw the person off my shoulder but they held still, getting me in a headlock.

"Nice reflexes tesoro."

I rolled my eyes as Vittore let me go and when I turned to him, I let my eyes wonder. He was in comfortable grey sweat shorts and a loose black tank top. Sweat dripped from his forehead to the collar of his tank and he smelled of sweat and man.

"You touched me when you're all sweaty," I complained and people in the room turned to me with wide eyes like they couldn't believe I just said that.

"You were about to touch one of my daggers," he resorted, looking at the knife my hand was already inching to. I picked it off of the wall and twirled it in my hands.

"Well it's mine now," I mumbled. I threw the dagger up and Vittore caught it mid air, placing it back. I rolled my eyes.

"Show off," I said under my breath.

"Its not my fault I'm faster tesoro," Vittore said, obviously hearing my small comment. I snorted.

"You, faster than me? Yeah right. You have the height, the strength but not the speed," I said.

"You want to test that?" he asked raising a challenging brow. I nodded, knowing where he was getting at.

"Sure Mr. big bad and scary. You're on," I said, getting excited over the prospect of a fight. I'd been itching for one for a while now and I was all healed now. Vittore smirked, seeing my excitement.

"The mats are that way," He said pointing with his thumb where I'd just come from. I walked out of the weapon's room with him on my tail to a random mat no one was using. People stopped and stared, even the meditating Asian guys.

I slipped off my top, throwing it away from me.

"Ok rules. We don't stop until someone taps out or loses consciousness," I stated, using my fingers to count the points as I listed them. "All hits are allowed. No outside help. No foreign weapons. No touching my hair because God knows I'll kill you for it and..."

"Winner gets to decide what dress you're wearing to the mafia convention," Vittore added and my shoulders dropped a bit.

"Wait... what?" I asked my brows frowning. I hadn't even thought of that.

Vittore looked at me with that emotionless mask again. "You can leave now tesoro. There's no shame."

I glared at the Italian. "You're on."

A dress for the mafia convention was probably the last thing on my mind but now that he brought it up, I couldn't lose. Who knows what he'd have me wear.

I planned to slay on that fateful day and the only way to guarantee that was to kick Vittore's fine ass.

"Ready when you are tesoro."