Claimed by the Heavens

The last few days have been... interesting to say the least. After the spar with Clarisse, we went to the dining pavilion and I sacrificed food for my parents before heading to sleep. Annabeth was no longer the sweet, curiosity-filled girl I met a few years ago and instead mutters about 'useless gods' all the time. I managed to piss her off when I asked why she keeps insulting her mother and the other gods but luckily Clarisse asked the Hermes cabin to ally to capture the flag so they can beat the 'Prideful no good owl heads'. I had to agree they are a bit too prideful but some of Athena's children are nice people and good to talk to.

One day in the cabin the Stoll twins asked how old I was because they were arguing about it and when I said twelve it started a riot in the cabin, apparently, there had been bets about who was right Travis who guessed 14, or Conner who said 15. Everyone was confused because apparently, I'm 'too tall to be 12' so I just decided to show them my security pass for the Empire State Building. No one asked why I have one but I think a few of them knew I did work for the gods sometimes so just assumed I needed it for when I was going to visit Olympus. 

After the whole situation about my age cleared up we all went to sleep to wake up the next day to someone screaming outside the cabins, turns out it was Poseidon and he was here to claim his son. He woke everyone up at 5 o'clock in the morning to hand James the sword of Theseus, which should definitely not be with a pig-like him, and claim him in front of everybody. Annabeth has been fangirling James more than the whole of Aphrodite cabin put together which I think is gross and Luke just frowned when he saw it and said that she changed over the past few years.

I went to the archery range to practice archery when I heard James yelling about how he's the most powerful demigod to ever live and everyone should bow down to a superior human like himself, I 'accidentally shot an arrow in his direction and in his shoulder. He cried like a baby and said he was being attacked by a powerful monster... I know he's worse than one of the more dramatic Aphrodite campers, you know the ones that cry if you accidentally smudge their makeup. 

Capture the flag is tomorrow so I'm working on a plan with Luke and Clarisse, Clarisse and five other members of her cabin are going to flank their left side whilst Luke and a few members of Hermes cabin flank the right. three Areas and three Hermes campers are going to charge straight through the middle whilst the rest of our team guard the flag.I will be guarding the boundary by the creek in order to distract the Athena cabin who will try to get back at me since I 'wounded' their pride.

Once we were finished with the plan Clarisse challenged me to a spar and I did some more archery practice with the Apollo campers before having dinner and then going back to the cabin to sleep.

LINE BREAK

It was finally time to capture the flag, Ares has allied themselves with Dionysus, Hermes, and Hephaestus cabins whilst Athena had everyone else. We set up traps and went over the plan a few times changing things here and there. We were all just waiting for the game to start when Chiron hammered his hoof on some marble "Heroes!" he announced "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed but not bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!" 

He spread his arms and the tables were filled with armor, swords, knives the lot. I decided not to wear armor as my visits in the hunt taught me to use without it, Once I made sure I had everything I needed, my bow, knives, and my swords I got in position and waited for the horn to blow. Once the horn blew I knew the game had started and waited for the Athenacabin to come to my position. I heard rustling in the bushes and pointed my bow in the direction and I heard Annabeth say "Get the punk!" I thought it was a weird thing for an Athena camper to say but I ignored it and let a few arrows loose in their direction before putting it back into my bracelet and uncapping both my swords into a defensive position. Mum and dad said it would be ok to use my powers so I electrified lightning and used made the wind rougher around the Athena campers. One of my opponents were invisible, most likely Annabeth but I could still feel her due to my power of winds. I parried a strike to my side then ducked and feinted a strike to a camper named Malcolm's left before flipping my sword and hitting him in the face with the hilt rendering him unconscious. The invisible camper tried to sneak behind me but I quickly turned around and elbowed them in the face making the invisibility cap fall of revealing Annabeth. I quickly rolled out of the way of a strike to my chest before hitting a strike to her side making her hiss in pain and then hitting her in the head with the hilt of my sword making her fall to the ground yelling "I yield!"

Two more campers each camp to strike my side but I used the winds to push them back and got back into a defensive position before they got back up, once they got up one feinted an attack to my right but I saw right through it, and instead of trying to block went to disarm him completely forgetting about the other camper behind me who almost impaled my chest before I moved out the way causing a gash on my side. I was getting exhausted quickly so decided to use the last of my energy to make the remaining Athena campers feel strong negative emotions in order to take them down quicker. Once I manipulated their emotions they all started moving more sluggish and a few had tears in their eyes and that made me feel bad but I had to hurry up and defeat them if they wanted it to end, in a flurry of strikes I managed to knock most of them out unconscious and leave the others groaning on the floor when I saw Clarisse come back towards our side of the woods with the flag making Annabeth shout "A trick, we were tricked!" from the floor.

Chiron announced that we were the winners and we were all about to celebrate when I heard a growl coming from the forest, everyone was alert and Chiron yelled "My bow, someone grab my bow!"

Before anyone could do anything a hellhound came stalking out of the forest and leaped at me seething with foam coming out of its mouth and instinctively I used the winds to propel me upwards and summoned a strike of lightning on top of the hellhound killing it almost instantly. 

Everyone looked at me in awe and fear when all of a sudden they all quieted down and looked above me eyes wide and Luke came up to me and said "Perce, Um..." 

He pointed above my head and I saw the symbol of a peacock and lightning bolt, it was already starting to fade but everyone was quiet you could hear a pin drop and then Chironlooked at me and said "It has been determined"Everyone started to kneel even the Athena campers who were still glaring at me and Chiron announced "Zeus... Lord of Skies, King of Gods, God of the Thunder, and Justice. Hera Queen of the Heavens, Queen of the Gods, Goddess of Marriage, Family, and Child Birth. All Hail Persues Jackson Son of the Heavens"