A talk with Hades

Percy POV:

Hades lounged upon his throne of fused human bones, looking lithe, graceful, and dangerous as a panther. I was used to the aura of gods at this point in my life but I could imagine the others felt like Hades should be ordering them about and they should be treated no better than slaves, I swear I could see James trembling as if his life depended on it. I was about to start my totally-not-a-speech when James glared at me and let me tell you he looked like an injured puppy shaking on the spot trying to intimidate the alpha wolf. "Un-Uncle, I have returned your Helmet with no help of the other useless quest members and demand you reward me!" James stammered

The room went deathly still and I could see Nico and Bianca pale and Hades aura flared through the room making my joints go dumb. I was about to step in and apologize for his actions when Hades simply raised an eyebrow. When he sat forward in his throne, shadowy faces appeared in the folds of his black robes, faces of torment, as if the garment were stitched of trapped souls from the Field of Punishment, trying to get out. The ADHD part of me wondered, off-task, whether the rest of his clothes were made the same way or maybe he has a 'spooky-scary' section in his wardrobe. "You a brave to come here and demand a reward son of Poseidon!" Hades said "Arrogant child. As if me simply allowing you to continue living isn't a reward enough, you would be dead already if it wasn't for Perseus over there."

I gulped as attention was directed towards me, I glanced at the empty, smaller throne next to Hades's. It was shaped like a black flower, gilded with gold, how much more peaceful would this meeting be if the beloved Lady Persephone were here? Persephone would be above in the world of light with her mother, the goddess of agriculture Demeter since it was summer. I heard a rumour on Olympus that Demeter visits Hades sometimes and it always ends with Hades begging for forgiveness so Demeter would stop her oh so famous vegetarian rants.

Bianca cleared her throat and I opened my mouth about to talk before James butted in once again "Uncle, I must insist you reward me for my excellence or I might as well throw your helmet into the Styx!"

Bianca, Nico and I all facepalmed in sync as Hade's aura flared and I felt he was a second away from killing James, it looked like James saw that too as he ran over to Bianca and got two pearls out of his pocket, I'm pretty sure he tried to force Bianca to step on one but she kicked him in the balls as he stepped on his own fading into vapour leaving the smell of the of Pacific in its place. "Poseidon's brats always calling me Uncle, its Lord Hades to you!" Hades yelled

Nico and Bianca looked hesitant before Hades turned to me and said "Pass me my Helm Perseus."

I walked over to the front of his throne setting the Helm of Darkness by his foot and giving him a slight bow before returning to my position next to the siblings of death. "We shall get to whatever you want to discuss in a second Persues but let me talk to my children." He said sensing my frustration.

Hades turned to Nico and Bianca with a small smile, well more of an evil smirk but you get what I mean. "Nico, Bianca, I am sorry for leaving you in the hotel for so long but it was the only way to keep you safe." Hades said, "You will not be accepted at Camp Half-Blood and I cannot within any goodwill I may have sent you there without any training, I may not be allowed to see you often due to the ancient laws but other deities and the dead may, if you will allow me to do so I would like to house you both here so you can train at least until I am sure that you will be able to survive elsewhere."

Nico and Bianca started whispering to each other, at one point Bianca blushed and glared at Nico who had a smirk, for some reason Hades was also glaring at me but my thoughts were cut off when Nico said "We agreed, umm Lord Father but can Percy visit us at some point?" 

Nico was directing the second-best puppy eyes I've ever seen directly at Hades, I of course hold the number one spot. Hades glared at me one last time before sighing in frustration "I'm sure we can work something out." He relented.

Nico beamed but then Hades turned serious again and glanced at me "Who stole my Helm?" Hades demanded

I steeled my nerves and looked at the Lord of the Dead in his eyes. "I believe Lord Ares is currently being controlled by the Titan Lord Kronos and hired a demigod, most likely one who has lost something or someone valuable to them due to the gods to steal both your and my father's symbol of power in order to start chaos between the big three and potentially start a war in hopes that he can find a way to reform and take back the throne of the 'King of the Universe'."

Hades stared at me intently before he turned even more pale than usual and said "How can you be sure?" 

My hands were trembling as I continued "Lord Ares had gold flecks in his eyes and acted less hostile and well Ares-like than usual, I feel his other personality might have even been blocked weakening his power. Lord Kronos has visited me personally in my dreams, I appeared at the entrance of Tartarus where he as well as what I assume was a demigod were plotting, the demigod sounded feminine so I assume they were a demigoddess and Lord Kronos was berating them for failing their task, I assume Lord Ares found said demigoddess on their way to deliver the symbols of power to him and Lord Kronos had to use his limited influence to take over the mind of Lord Ares."

I saw an unknown emotion in the eyes of the Lord of the Dead, dare I say it was fear if it was I cannot blame him as I myself am fearful of the repercussions of the events of the past few months but right now all I can think of is saving my brother, Ares from the grasp of the Titan Lord. "This is troubling and I have no doubt my brothers will try cover this up in hopes that it was a onetime thing like many times before but we must be prepared," Hades said gravely "Posidones spawn is about to confront Ares, please say goodbye to my children I will send you to Olympus." 

I shook my head "I must go to Ares, not just for the sake of the sea brats but I must save my brother, even the prophecy says I must but I would do say without it" I said, "Goodbye Nico, Bianca, I hope to see you soon."

Hades looked resigned and I saw tears in the eyes of new friends but Hades nodded and just as shadows were wrapping around me I heard "Be safe, son of Zeus."