beautiful tragedy

To him, he thought she was the sun rising in the east. For when you see her, it's as if you have awoken, but as you gazed out your window, you saw the real beauty of a new day. She's the kind of girl people read books about, Like Katniss, with her stubborn person and with a voice as rebellious and as swift as a small fish swimming in the river. Hazel Grace, with her doubts of living, but also with a courage that is bigger than her own self.

To her, he was there for her and she didn't really want to fall in love with him, but it happened as quickly as you fall asleep after a tiring day. when she saw him, something seemed to click and her face grew warm and her cheeks were rising to her big, crinkled eyes, as a smile crept onto her sweet face.

the two loved as much as love could be loved, maybe even more. and the people wondered, how is this possible? they have known each other for a few months now, and they are just stupid teenagers who are desperate for love. no. they aren't that. they are eternal. they will always be there for each other. they are each others fantasy, and they can't quite see how anything can get that much better. they were as close as you can get, mentally and physically.

she would cry and he would hold her porcelain hands in his large hands and lean in towards her whispering over and over again, everything would be alright. she knew that nothing was alright, but his voice comforted her, and she forgot her pain and sorrow. he would lay with her and promised to always be there. she nodded and would smile against his warm rising chest. she would listen to his heart beat like a clock. she had prayed that she would never stop hearing this clock.

their parents would warn them, but they knew that as long as the clock kept ticking, they would be together. and beyond that even. til the earth was demolished and all labor returned to dust. when the planet is swallowed by death and no history, present or future was within reach.

maybe they were angered, or something happened in their families. but the clock had stopped beating. and after the clock had stopped beating it's beautiful tick, the sun would not rise from the east anymore. for it too had stopped.

-K.R.