i promise

I promise

I promise that if you are sick, I will be there to bring you hot tea or another blanket.

I promise that if you are feeling down, I will hold you and be there to make you laugh.

I promise that if you are kicked out, you can sleep beside me.

I promise that if you are stranded because you car died, I will pick you up.

I promise that when we graduate, I will still be there by your side and not moved onto college boys.

I promise that when you get on your knees and pull out a ring, I will love it even if it's not for a rich jewelry store and I will say yes

I promise that on our wedding day, I will try so hard not to cry and I will say I do.

I promise that when we move into our first house together, I will help you with the boxes.

I promise that if you have a nightmare, I will be there to hug you and to comfort you.

I promise that when we are expecting, I will do whatever it takes to give the baby the best future ever.

I promise that when we are turning grey and our skin wrinkles, I will love you no differently.

I promise that when we are both in wheelchairs, I will wheel myself to your bedside and be the first thing you wake up to.

I promise that when we decide to pass on, I will be in heaven waiting for you with open arms.

I promise that I love you no matter what and I absolutely cried when I wrote this because all of it is true. I love you to the outskirts of the milky way and back.

-k.r.