3| News

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

News

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 3: News (London's POV)

I rushed to the back of the store, found the empty wall between two shelves, and leaned against it, sinking to the floor while pulling my knees. 

He's back. He's back in Runville and he's at my store! 

I took in a breath before letting it out slowly, running a hand through my hair. What the hell do I do? I fished my phone out of my back pocket, scrolling through my contacts and dialing Damon's number.

He answered after a few rings. "Hello?" 

"Where are you?" I asked. 

"London?" 

"Where are you?" I repeated demandingly. 

"I'm heading to work, why?" 

"I need to see you." 

"N-now?" 

"Yes, now. Black Marina, quickly." I hung up not waiting for an answer and stood back up, tucking my phone into my pocket quickly. I just need to get to the counter, grab my bag and go. Or maybe I'll just leave my bag there. Yeah. I tucked my hair behind my ears, clearing my throat and running my clammy palms down the sides of my jeans. "Shit," I breathed out. I walked back slowly, making my way past the shelves and towards the entrance. I reached the front, feeling the three ladies staring at me. 

"London, where are you going?" Dylan called out. 

I cringed, not turning to look at him, too scared to see Ronan. "I'll be back later. It's urgent." I quickly pushed the door open and speed-walked down the sidewalk, making my way back to Black Marina. When I got there, Damon was walking up with his bag pulled over one shoulder. 

"I'm late for work, thanks to you," he chuckled dryly. 

"You're a soccer coach at an elementary school, nobody plays soccer in the mornings here," I barked back. 

He smiled, nodding at me. "Long time no see." 

"Yeah, you too," I mumbled, both of us standing outside the café. 

"You called and it sounded urgent. What's wrong?" he questioned, eyeing me with curiosity. 

"Ronan's back," I blurted. 

He paused for a minute, his lips parting. "Ah. You heard, huh?" 

"No, I saw," I said through gritted teeth. "Did you know he was coming back?" 

"Um... yeah. His parents told me two or three days ago." He scratched the back of his head. "Where did you hear the news?" 

"I didn't hear it!" I hissed. "I saw it first hand when he walked into my store, Damon."