9| Power

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Power

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 9: Power (London's POV)

"Aren't you closing up right now?" Dylan asked, pulling his bag over his shoulder, leaning over the desk. 

"I have work to do now," I sighed, glancing pointedly over at the cardboard box that had the twenty copies of Wicked Ruins. 

"Are you going to call that guy in?" 

I stared at him. 

He rolled his eyes, sighing, "Seriously? God, why are you doing that to yourself?" 

"It's work, Dylan. You should go home, don't wait up." 

"You'll be fine?" he asked warily. 

"Yes," I breathed out. "Bye." 

"Bye." He walked out and I sat down, grabbing the store's phone instead of my own, using it to dial Ronan's number. If he thought he could use this as an excuse to get my number again, he was so wrong. 

I was about to dial the number when my cell phone rang, an unknown number flashing across the screen. I frowned in confusion, answering with, "Hello?" 

"I wasn't sure you'd call, so I'm asking myself. Are my books there yet?" 

I blinked in surprise. "How did you get my number?" 

"What do you mean?" 

Does he still have it? From all those years ago?

"Never mind," I breathed out. "Your books are here. Come sign them." 

"Right now? It's almost eight." 

"Sign them or I'm shelving them right now," I retorted. 

He paused before sighing in defeat. "I'll be there in five minutes." 

I hung up, putting my phone on the table, staring at the screen. He kept my number, didn't he? I scoffed to myself, "Why the hell would he keep my number?" 

He probably got it from Damon or his parents. 

While waiting for him to get here, I shifted all his copies from the box to the trolley and wheeled it over to a table where he could sit and sign. 

Last night after dinner at his house, I dwelled over what I said to him. Was I too harsh? Did I sound too bitter? Was it necessary for me to be so mean? I don't think I should have used his words from the past against him, it was an extremely low blow on my part. I almost feel bad. But does that mean I'll apologize for it? No. He still hasn't given me a sincere apology for what he did. 

And just hearing him say "I'm sorry" won't cut it this time. I want to hear him admit everything he did, I want to know what he's sorry for, and I want to be sure that he actually means his apology. If he ever comes around to admitting his mistakes.