19| Donation

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Donation

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 19: Donation (London's POV)

Surprisingly, I had a lot of fun with Ronan yesterday. While we shopped and looked around, we talked a lot about the past. It felt nice, familiar, and safe. On the other hand, it only made me realize how much I missed him and that was just making things worse. I don't want to rush into anything, especially with him. We already messed this up once. I won't forgive him just yet and when and if I do, I won't just take him back. No matter how much I want him in every sense of the word, I just can't let it all happen so quickly. 

I had just opened the store and was waiting for Dylan to show up. Today is supposed to be a long day. Once in a long time, we filter out the store. We look through every single shelf and take out the books that have been here forever and are just lying around, abandoned. The books with only one or two copies that nobody even talks about anymore. We have to take them out to make space for the new books, and usually, we donate all these old books. I was sitting in my chair when the store's telephone rang. 

I answered, "Hello?" 

"London, it's Dylan," he said sleepily. 

"What's up? Are you taking the day off?" 

"Um..." He cleared his throat. "I sort of went out with friends and got hammered last night." 

I rolled my eyes. On the busiest day. "So, you're extremely hungover?" 

"Yes." 

"So you're not coming." 

"Yes," he grunted, shifting in his bed. 

"So, you're losing a day's worth of salary." 

"Yes. Wait, what?" 

"Yup." 

He sighed in defeat. "Fine. Yes." 

"All right. Coming in tomorrow?" 

"Probably, yeah." 

"Okie-doke. See you then, go back to sleep." I hung up, leaning back in the chair. There is no way in hell I can do this on my own and it can't be delayed either, the charity is waiting, they need these books by today. 

Most of the books we give, Runville's charity here gives away to some open schools and old age homes. There's one main charity here which runs multiple services for free. Schooling, old age homes, a few hospitals. It's not really in central Runville, where we live, more towards the outskirts, smaller districts than ours. To do this, I need someone who knows books and how to organize them and besides Dylan, the only person in this town that can do that with me is Ronan. I pulled out my phone, finding his number and dialing it. It rang three times before he answered. 

"Hello?" he asked. 

"Hey, it's London." 

"I know, I have your number, darling" he chuckled, "what's up?"