foreword.

| title: smells like school spirit

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

| epigraph. 

"I think there's a big difference
between being a bad person and being bad at being a person."

- Megan Falley, Redhead and the Slaughter King

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

| summary.

Shibazeki Reina was often called too smart for her own good. But in a world where someone like her would never be the star of the universe (that role belonged to her former best friend Ichijou Mai), Reina was content to hold on to her teenage identity as an observant outsider. Reina's high school days were supposed to be peaceful until the whole drama in the band club she was in became too unbearable for her to handle and eventually resulted in her (sort of) dramatic exit. Content to spend the rest of her second year helping her best friend, Tsukikage Yuri's dying lit club, Reina was more than surprised when the ace Ojiro Aran approached her with an interesting proposition: be the volleyball club's manager to deal with the hooligans from her batch.

Handling said hooligans who took form in the Miya twins and especially the one with piss-colored hair Atsumu forced Reina to face her past which she thought she had buried. Not after what had happened all those years ago. But alas, if she wanted to survive, Reina should get used to the smell of school spirit that Inarizaki High's volleyball club reeked of, which was getting to her head, slowly yet surely. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

| dedication.

to everyone who loves haikyuu as much (or even more so) than i do. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

| status.

start date: october 2020

end date: TBA.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

| author's note.

this fanfiction is being crossposted from ao3, but somehow i also feel compelled to post it here. haikyuu and the rest of the characters belong to haruichi furudate. only my oc along with the plotline of this fic that belongs to me. i do not take any profit from the creation of this story since it is a fanfiction where i channel my love for haikyuu. adios.