chapter seven.

☆★☆★☆★

"Gomen, Yuri," Reina said as she held the request letter and stared into the box slotted right in front of the lit club room. "I'm going to play a little bit of trickster to compensate for me stopping being a freelancer in your club."

It was after school hours and the corridor was already deserted. Nobody would see Reina picking up the request letter that she herself wrote in the library and printed it out. It was right before lunch break was over Reina slipped in the request letter into the letterbox. And now when school hours just ended, Reina picked up the request letter again. Nobody would think that she was using the literature club's love letter services.

The student body who usually wanted to use the literature club's love letter services would slip in their request paper with another piece of paper containing personal information of the sender into the letterbox. Or if they already wrote their own love letter, just slipped in the letter and a paper on their personal information, hence only using the literature club's services to deliver their personally written letter to the recipient.

To make it easier for potential clients to know what kind of their personal information should be given to the club in order to smooth over the transaction, there was a paper taped on the lit club's door containing what personal info clients should give to the club. Some people chose not to give their names, rather just give their secret emails and phone number. There were others who did not have any reservations putting their names into the letterbox, but usually they were the ones who did not write their own love letters, having Yuri and her club ghostwrite it for them instead.

Heaving a sigh, Reina slid open the club door and walked in. Whatever Yuri's reaction would be like, she was more than prepared to face it. There were already two major friendship breakups in her wake, another one shouldn't hurt. Or that was just Reina trying to convince herself. "We got another client here."

Yuri, who was sitting on one of the desks, huddled on her laptop as usual, looked up. "Heh? I thought all requests were already picked up by Chiyo to be processed."

"Hiya, Shibazeki-san," Sawaizumi Chiyo, the first year student who was also the club's secretary, greeted with a smile. Unlike Yuri who was sitting on a chair, Chiyo was sitting cross legged on the floor with a laptop on her lap.

"No this is a new request that's just in," Reina exclaimed, hoping that her voice did not waver. Nobody would get hurt, since this request was anonymous and was rather different than Yuri's usual clients who wanted Yuri to ghostwrite love letters for them. The request would simply ask Yuri to keep up a pen pal relationship with Osamu anonymously. "And I think it's big money so we should not screw it up. But this is up to your alley, so no worries on that part."

"If I have to ghostwrite another love letter for the friggin Miya Atsumu, I would actually combust," Yuri said with a sigh as she banged her head against the desk. "Please, anyone but him. It is beyond my understanding how on Earth he still gets flooding requests even after rejecting lots of girls rather...rudely."

"Rude is one way to put it, ha. I'm sure somewhere in the gym he was having a snooze fest from the way we always talk about him in this club room," Reina deadpanned as she took a seat right across Yuri. ""It's fine; I've got that one covered up, and this big client is not for him. He is overrated."

And by the power of God he truly was. Sometimes Reina wondered if there was ever a fangirl mob formed in Inarizaki just for him. She shuddered at the idea. "Anyways, where is Yamada? Usually, she's here with you and Sawaizumi-san."

Yamada Eri was the lit club's treasurer. Even though Yuri managed to only recruit four first years, only two of them (Yamada and Sawaizumi) were much of help to make sure the club did not close down.