PLEASE

"Please." I blink in surprise, looking up from my book. Loki is looking at me coolly, waiting for my response.

       "What?" I ask. I had already gotten ready for bed, but when I wasn't able to fall asleep, I had picked up my book.

       "You heard me." He hisses, narrowing his eyes.

       "Oh I know, I just wanted to hear you say it again." I reply, standing. "It's satisfying to know that I was able to force you into using actual manners." If looks could kill, my head would have exploded. His glare was harsh. I just smile at him, grabbing a pair of high-tech handcuffs off of my desk.

       I walk up to the door, pressing the button next to it that would open it the entire way. "Try to escape, and you won't make it six feet." I say, holding out the open handcuffs. "Wrists." He slowly puts out his wrists, and I place the handcuffs on. As I go to move my hands away, one of his long fingers brushes across my wrist. I flinch, instantly pushing the energy out of my body. It didn't hurt nearly as much as it had before, now that my body knew that it was an energy that I wanted to reject. It didn't overwhelm my senses like before, but was instead a quick flash. A green whisp of mist trickles form my fingertips for a second, and then simply evaporates into the air.

       One look up, and I can tell that Loki had done it on purpose. He was watching me carefully, gauging my reaction to his touch.

       I snap the handcuffs shut just a little tighter than they needed to be.

       "Let's go." I say, wrapping a hand around the upper part of his arm, leading him to the door. I type in the code, moving my body so that I blocked the keypad from his view. It didn't matter much though. He didn't try to look.

       As we walk out and immediately turn, the guards on either side of the door straighten, the guns in their hands moving up just slightly. "I've got him." I say, before adding under my breath, "and I doubt bullets would do anything. He's got armor on." I take a few more steps towards the door before glancing up at Loki, who has a wicked smirk on his face. "What? Is something funny to you?"

       "I suppose it is odd," Loki begins, "that the only person on this ship that I have seen thus far actually use their brains, is a simple guard." I raise an eyebrow as I push open the bathroom door.

       "I can't tell if that was a compliment or not." I say, pushing him in. "Have fun in there. You get five minutes." He looks at me questioningly. "What?"

       "Are you going to take these off?" He asks, holding up his wrists.

       "Um, no." I say with a smile.

       "It seems like a personal problem honestly." I say, swinging the bathroom door shut. "Knock when you're done. You try anything, and I will come in there." I continue speaking through the door. I hear him mumble something. "What was that?" There's silence. "That's what I thought." I mutter, leaning against the wall next to the door.

       I keep an eye on the clock as the minutes tick by, waiting for either his knock or for the five minutes to be up. I keep an open ear as well, making sure I heard nothing that might involve him escaping. "One minute." I say, rapping my knuckles on the door.

       "Why isn't there a toilet in the cell?" I glance towards the guard who had asked.

       "It's a prototype. Sure, it's definitely secure enough, but since it wasn't finalized they didn't bother to put a toilet in." I explain, and the guard nods. "Now that they're using it for this guy, I get to be stuck on bathroom duty."

       "Sounds like fun." He says, and I shrug.

       "It's more interesting in there then it is out here." I reply before knocking on the door. "Time's up. I'm coming in." I warn, grabbing the handle and opening it. He's standing exactly where I left him, in the same position. "How long have you been done?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

       "Any time out of my cell I will take." He replies, and I roll my eyes, grabbing his arm again and leading him back. As he steps into his cell, I notice him watching me. I raise an eyebrow, giving him a curious look.

       "What?" I ask, popping his handcuffs open. He narrows his eyes, rubbing his wrists. "Oh don't be a drama queen." I mutter, taking a step back and out of his cell. He reaches out suddenly, grabbing my wrist. I jerk back with a flinch, glaring. "Stop that!" I exclaim, waving my hand in the air to get rid of the green mist spilling from my fingers.

       "Interesting." He murmurs. I slam my hand into the button, and the cell door slides shut between us.

       "Keep your hands to yourself." I say, voice hard. His smirk grows, and my glare hardens. I take another step back, keeping my eyes on him before turning, making my way back to my desk.

       "You aren't like the other mortals." He says, so quiet it's almost as if he's talking to himself.

       "What, the scars all across my face and the green mist floating from my fingers not clue you in earlier?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "I don't know if you've been to earth in a while, but I hate to break it to you. It definitely isn't usual." He studies me, and I cross my arms over my chest.

       "Most definitely unusual." He says, before turning, looking around the room. I sit down in the chair, digging through my bag.

       "And you're most definitely annoying." I mutter. I pull out my tablet, open a game, and it's quiet for a little while. Neither of us speak, and Loki moves to the bench in the cell. 

       It is twenty minutes later when an agent brings in lunch. It's the same guy who had been bringing in meals since the beginning. I was guessing that he was a trainee that had gotten into some kind of trouble. He leaves the trays, and I wait a few moments before signing and standing, moving to take Loki's tray to him.

       I have the door open simply a crack like normal, and slide the tray in. A vice like grip wraps around my wrist, and for a second, I only flinch and try to draw back, but when I can't I look up at him.

       His eyes meet mine, and I look into his green eyes for a second, noting the swirling blue inside.

       And then he's pumping magic and energy into me.

       For about three seconds my body fights the energy and magic mix, rejecting it. Then my senses are overwhelmed, and I can't do anything. I can't think. I start to seize, collapsing to the floor.

       The last thing I hear is the beeping before the door to the cell room opens.