DROMMEVALSER

Loki~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "Brother?" I take in a deep breath as the pain begins to fade. "Are you alright? What was that?" Thor is kneeling beside me, concern written across his face. 
        "I think she was..." I trail off, letting my magic travel along my end of the bond, "I think she was pulling on it."
        "Pulling on it?" Sif asks, looking concerned. "That bond is strong, but delicate magic. One wrong use of magic on it could hurt you both. Does she not know that?" I let out a long breath, not choosing to say a word since I hadn't told Ophelia. Sif frowns. "If you did not tell her, this is on you."
        "I realize that, Sif." I reply after a moment, getting to my feet. The pain had completely disappeared now, proving she had let go completely. "I think the agonizing pain was enough of a signal to stop." She raises an eye at my snap, but lets the topic go. Her parents had been among the last to be bonded before the spell was banished. She had the most experience with seeing the bond firsthand than anyone in the room. 
        "Do you think she's trying to send out a message? Or let us know she's alright?" The Captain asks with concern. 
        "I don't know what she was trying to do." I inform him. "She knows very little abut the magic she has. I've only been able to show her a few things in the short time I've had. She could have been attempting anything." There's silence, and I can't help but glance around the room at grim faces. They reflected how I felt. How my heart ached. 
        "My prince, if I may speak freely?" Hogun speaks up for the first time. Thor looks confused, but nods, and Hogun turns to me. "Your bond with Lady Winters is an exceptionally strong one, yes?" I nod. "My family, while we do not have much magic, we trained the magic we have to the point that my family has mastered a specific area."
        "Drømmevalser." I realize. "Frigga spoke of it, of your family, but I never..." I shake my head. "Don't you have to be next to the person? In contact with them at all times?"
        "Hold on, what? What are we talking about now?" Stark asks, looking around with confusion. 
        "The translation to English would be 'dream walker'." Thor supplies. "It's an ancient magic. I did not know you were skilled, Hogun."
        "I am not, your majesty. I gave up the practice when I picked up the sword instead. My sister though, she is among the most talented my family has ever seen." Hogun replies, glancing between Thor and myself. "From a young age, she has easily entered the minds of those who required her services. She can banish nightmares with a thought, produce dreams that the dying can enjoy as they drift away." The corner of Hogun's mouth quirks into a small smile of fondness. "She has a soft spot for those who need help. She always has. She'd be willing to help if I asked."
        "That does not change the fact that I know contact is required for any type of dream walking." I snap, my jaw clenched. "It cannot work without an established connection-"
        "But with your bond, sir," Hogun presses, "there is a chance she could walk along that bond. It may not be a good chance, but a chance nonetheless." Thor looks to me.
        "Brother? You have the most knowledge in magic." Thor asks. I press my lips together as I think, wondering if it was even possible. If it was, could Hogun's kin achieve it?
        "I've never heard of such a thing." I admit. "I have not attempted dream walking, but I know enough to know that something like this has never been attempted, or at least never recorded." I frown. "Magic like this is tricky. It could involve minds, souls getting lost or confused." 
        "But if there's a chance, we need to take it." Natasha steps in, frowning. "Any chance. Ophelia may know where she is. IT could get us to her." 
        "I agree." Storm pipes up. "Rogue said that the professor was going to try and search for her using cerebro, but if they're blocking....Heimdall, was it? If they're blocking him, they can likely block the professor." Thor turns to me again, waiting for my decision, though I was sure he knew what it was. 
        "I'm desperate. Grasping at straws." I admit without hesitation. Thor nods once, turning back to Hogun.
        "Go and retrieve your sister with speed. We need to find Lady Winters as soon as possible.' Thor orders without a second thought.  Hogun nods once before moving to the elevator, disappearing to the roof.
        "I'll start calling some contacts." Tony sighs once Fandral has gone. "See of anyone has heard anything about mutants disappearing. There's got to be more than just Ophelia and this Kurt guy." Jean nods in agreement.
        "The three of us will call around to anyone we know outside the school. Make sure we get responses and have them check in with their friends. Spread the word." Jean explains, looking to Rogue, Storm, and Logan who all nod in agreement. Rogue immediately pulls her phone out, fingers flying as she messages her friends. 
        "I'll have some kids at the school do the same. The older ones, who won't spread gossip." She murmurs, not moving her attention from her device. 
        "I'll let Fury know what's going on." Natasha adds as well. "Then I'll ask around the underground. See if the Black market is getting anything from this." 
        Everyone in the room is suddenly busy, calling numerous people, establishing a search. They were trying to find people who wanted to stay hidden, who clearly could stay hidden. It was unlikely any human would be able to find something I couldn't. 
        "Call for me when Hogun returns." I request. Thor nods with slight confusion, watching me carefully. 
        "Brother, what are you planning?" He asks before I can take a step away.
        "Anything I can to get her back."