Bonus Chapter ~ Heaven Sent ~

"Are you sure?" Victoria asks me but I nod resolutely

"Are you sure?" Victoria asks me but I nod resolutely. My mind is made up. We're going.

My life has been hectically out of order since my new promotion. There have been business meetings left to right. Then boring-ass brunch-ins and dinners with the wealthy vampire families of North America, discussing politics with them old ass pricks are my least favorite responsibility. Oh, and let's not forget all the other slack that I've been picking up on Cyrus the virus's behalf since he decided to skip out on his royal duties to go once again wage a pointless war.

Demonic freaking jerk! I'm just glad that my girl Embry isn't with him.

Thank, the Blood God!

Anyway, despite all the challenges that come along with my new position. I still love my new job. It just shows how far I have come. The only real downside is that it is extremely time-consuming.

I honestly don't know how Aunt Katherine managed to do it and keep her relationship from falling apart with Ghost because I swear, I'm struggling in that department. Victoria and I barely see each other.

Which is so not cool, especially when you consider the fact that we just met each other. She's my beloved for crying out loud. I should be spending every single day for the rest of my life with her.

It's really bothering me. This is the time that we should be getting to know one another. From what I know, we both had a hard-knock life. She was a slave, property and I always felt enslaved to my parents' shadow, trapped.

For most vampires, growing up in one of the wealthy households would be considered a blessing but for me, it was a curse. I always felt like I was a ghost, invisible. Not important enough for my parents to love. They never took out the time to get to know me. All they cared about was if I did anything to destroy the name that I was so graciously blessed with if you ask them.

Other than that, we barely even spoke to one another. I was alone in a household filled with so many lively souls for over a century. Terribly depressing.

That all changed when Aunt Katherine adopted me into her family of course but still. I'll never forget the feeling of abandonment that my parents so graciously made me feel.

I never exposed those feelings to anyone and if I haven't met Victoria I most likely never would, but I have and I plan on sharing everything with her.

Today's, agenda consists of meeting the parents. My parents.

May, the Blood God help me.

It's a new season and my parents wouldn't be my parents if they didn't host the party of a century and I wouldn't be myself if I didn't show up and crash it.

This seasons theme is spooky spring. Don't ask me how they came up with it but they did and of course I'm going all out.

I can't wait to see the looks on their uppity faces when I show up on their doorstep with my human beloved, dressed in a slutty little angel costume while my baby is dressed in a killer devil one.