|2|~The Privileged~

Unedited.
Embry POV & in media.

Wait! What? "No," My words just fall from my lips, and my body acts on its own, as I snatch my hand away from my father. "He is not my mate."

The wolves around us break out in a fit of whispers. No one tells an alpha, or a beta, No. No one! Not even one of their daughters.

My uncle and father growl bounce off the trees in unison, causing all of the lower-level wolves to stiffen and take a step back.

"This is not up for debate," the shock in his voice is evident. His now golden eyes are locked onto my own. His wolf is present. I know this. He may have the title of beta. However, he is still the second son of an Alpha.

"What's done is done," He tells me in a curt tone. "The Lycans have only agreed to fight for us if we bond our union. They have upheld their end of the bargain. You are the gift that was brought to us on our last Luna passing day. This is your duty. This is your fate. The union is fate."

Fate! Fate!? He didn't just accuse this traitorous act of fate.

I look into my father's eyes. I can't believe him. My world is spinning, literally. How can give away his flesh and blood and blame it on fate? This is anything but, fate!

"My apologies, Father," I tell him. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your point of view on fate is messed up." Opp! I didn't mean to say that. Well, actually I did mean to say that just not out loud.

The crowd breaks out into another audible gasp. Okay! This is not good. I'm about to tell him I'm sorry, but it's too late.

My father releases another ear-splitting growl, unleashing his Alpha aura and bringing me down to my knees.

His Alpha aura travels throughout my entire body, bringing forth tremendous pain. My heart feels like it's about to explode. The power takes effect on my entire nervous system and then breaks through the protective barrier of my wolf. His power makes me feel like he's snatching my wolf soul from my body and ripping her apart, demanding submission.

I am in tears. My entire body feels like it's going numb and it becomes harder for me to breathe.

"Stop! You're hurting her." I hear Celine call out, but I can't see her. My vision is completely blank. White noise is ringing inside my ears. Then out of nowhere, he stops, finally allowing me to desperately search for air.

I turn to face my father with golden eyes. How could he? My father has never used his Alpha aura on me. Never! Hurt and mental pain strike me, like lightning. He is my father. I am his blood! I am his daughter.

He pulls me up from the ground. No emotions can be detected on his face.

My heart is shattered.

"As I stated before this isn't up for debate. You will accept one way or the other. I'll give you some time to decide which way you would like to accept?" He tells me, taking a step back.

I so desperately want to curse him, run away and never speak to him again. My father is dead wrong. However, two wrongs don't make a right. I am better than that. I should have never disrespected him. All my father ever did was protect, shelter, and take care of me.

I am not that she-wolf, who bites the hand of those who feed her.

I turn to look into the eyes of my people. Everyone is waiting to see what will happen next. They are on their knees, scared shitless. Due to the close range, every one of the lower-level wolves was affected by my father's act of dominance and my selfish tantrum, including Kaya and her mate. They are both forcefully kneeling with their body drenched in sweat