|25|~ The Bonds of Autumn~

Unedited.
Cyrus POV.

Inside of Embry's head.

I take a look at my surroundings the moment I enter my beloved mind.

Embry's big and bright smile is the first thing I come in contact with. She is standing in front of a teak-wood easel viewing a piece of art. To the left side of her is a small worn down teak-wood night stand, that's covered with an artist mess. There is a small glass jar filled with paint stained water, seven or so different sized paint brushes, and a white tray filled with different tubs of paint.

She is wearing a loss fitting cream blouse with a pair of dark wash jeans that stops at her ankles and has a rip directly in front of her left knee. She also has on a pair of metallic gold and white shoes that looks really easy to slip on. Her usually magnificent and dark waist length hair appears to be shorter and lighter.

In fact, it appears to be a lovely bright chestnut color very warm and so rich.

I can't help but to think about how her hair is glowing like dark honey, penetrated by the blazing autumn sun. It's just so radiant and the color enhances her big and bright forest green with a splash of honey colored eyes.

She's looks enchanting. Truly, enchanting....

Suddenly, Embry picks up an ivory colored palette and starts arranging and mixing different colors of paint. Next, she dips one of the paint brushes into the jar of water, smiles brighter and then starts to place her imagination down onto the canvas.

I stare at her in complete awe. Actually, I'm amazed. Who would have thought that my beloved was an artist? Not to mention, a talented artist at that based upon how beautifully and swiftly she is deliberately arranging different elements of paint.

Just by viewing her work from a far I can tell that she paints whatever emotion she is feeling. I can see her happiness with the flick of her wrist and every gently stroke of the paint brush. Embry is using bright colors such as bumblebee, daisy, and Tuscan sunny yellow bullshit to express her happiness.

Followed by marigold, pumpkin, and burnt orange to express another emotion that I cannot identify at this moment.

All I know is that whoever, or whatever she's painting makes her happy but I could be wrong. If I've learned anything about the work of art from an artist is that the story can't be told into the artist is ready to speak, meaning you won't know what they are painting into they are truly done.

At least, that's what Nicklaus has taught me. He's also wonderful at painting stories.

After a while, my eyes start to wonder and explore the room that we're standing in.

It appears to be some sort of art supply room filled with teak-wood cabinets, a couple of wooden stools and all other sorts of junk.

My eyes land on to a trumpet, sitting on top of a big wooden trunk to the left side of my beloved. Behind the trunk is another teak-wood cabinet and on top of the cabinets sits a like sized Ivy sculpture that's shaped into a lovely Greek woman face.

Precisely, a Goddess, judging by the beauty and feminine details that was carefully carved into the piece of art.

This room also host other paintings, pull out easels and there is a square floor length drawing board sitting in the middle of it all.

The walls are a stony pale gray concrete color and so is the floor. The sun light beams throughout the corner window which is placed on the left side of the room.

As my eyes continues to explore the room and take in the peaceful silence I quickly come to terms with why this is Embry's happy place.

In a world full of sorrow and chaos this room is peaceful and calm just like Embry's personalty. This room is her solace.