Chapter 1

11.03.2021

"Right, now don't let your guard down just yet," I instructed, circling the young demigods in the ring slowly.

When Annabeth had accepted the job at Olympus, I decided that teaching the next generation of Demigods was the path for me. Soon I fell in love with the occupation and the younger ones loved to hear my stories, although I made it clear that it wasn't all glory.

Besides if anyone had ever told me how to deal with the monsters I had to, what their weak point is, what they do when they die, what to do to distract them, how to get away, etc. it would've made some of my quests a little bit smoother. 

I smiled as the two in the ring came to a halt, each with a sword at the other's throat. I clapped my hands together, "Great job! Alright, that's enough for today," I called out, and the demigods began to disperse, some still panting slightly. I looked over my shoulder at the doorway, smiling when I saw Nico,

"Hey man!" I said walking over, he nodded to me,

"Chiron wants you in the big house," he said

"Cool," I said falling in step with him, "So how are things with you and Will?"

"G-good," Nico blushed, it was a relatively new development and Nico wasn't 100% okay with announcing it, although I'd wager that it had more to do with his dad than with the relationship. "What about you and Annabeth?"

"Great man," I smiled, "We IM at least twice a week and she has been having a great time on Olympus, not to mention these monster-proof phones Leo designed,"

"Yeah, those come in handy when Will gets on my case for Shadow Jumping- lets me stay in contact with Hazel, now that she's spending so much time at New Rome," Nico agreed

"How's she's doing? I heard from her last week, but both her and Frank seem to have been swamped," I asked, walking up the steps of the big house.

"She seems good, I have a feeling Frank's going to propose soon," Nico said smiling slightly, I snorted.

"No way, Frank's had that ring for months now," I snickered.

"Well, he officially asked my permission so it better be sooner than later," Nico huffed, drawing out a laugh from me as he pouted.

A throat was cleared drawing our attention to Chiron and an old dude with a wizard beard. I quickly nodded my goodbye to Nico and crossed over to Chiron's side,

"You wanted to see me?" I asked and Chiron nodded, "Have a seat, this might take a bit to explain," he said and I nodded sitting down casting a look over to the stranger,

"Hello, Peruses Jackson," he said causing me to tense, a hand going for my pocket, Chiron put a hand on my arm, makeing me pause and look back towards the stranger.

"It's Percy," I said curtly, and the stranger nodding,

"I am Professor Dumbledore, and on behalf of the Ministry of Magic, I have come to ask you to teach at my school Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," I cast a glance at Chiron who nodded before turning back to Dumbledore,

"You want what now?" I asked. Chiron sighed taking over the explanation,

"A long time ago Hecate blessed a group of muggles, turning them into Wizards and Witches, they then bred and like us, have lived in secret. However only a select few know of our exitance, and all that do take their version of swearing on the river Syx, the unbreakable bond, to keep our secret a secret from everybody else." Chiron explained, and I nodded slowly,

"Okay, why not?" I asked thinking back to the other groups of gods in exitance, why not blessed mortals? "So why do you need me again?"

"One of our kind, gone bad, has recently come back and the ministry refuses to acknowledge his return." Dumbledore explained, "They are sending a representor to teach a course at Hogwarts this year and I fear what Umbridge has planned for the young witches and wizards,"

"So, you're hoping that by pulling my rank I'll be able to control this Umbridge?" I asked and the two adults nodded, I turned to Chiron, "You know that they're headed towards a war," I could feel eyes softening with sympathy for the young wizards and witches.

Chiron cut me off, placing a heavy hand on my shoulder, "Yes, I know, but I believe that you are the best suited, I would not ask this of you if this was not the case,"

I sighed looking down at my lap before sealing myselfand nodding, "Just let me make a call and then we can go," Chiron offered me aquick smile as I exited and I fiddled with my phone in my hand. Of course, thefates couldn't just let me have peace.

And here we have it! The very first update of my new book 'Hogwart's Babysiter'!!! I hope you all enjoyed it! 

Don't forget to comment, vote, and add to your reading lists! 🦇

See you next Monday!