Chapter 11

12.09.2021- I'm updating this early to help the transition process to a new schedule go a little smoother- Thank ya'll so much for reading!

The days passed quickly for me, and soon I found myself loving this place. Dolores had been uncharacteristically quiet, but I didn't mind, less work for me. I didn't have much free time, but I took a liking to the forest, slipping away whenever he had the chance. It reminded me of my world without all the monsters hunting me, kind of like Pan's place. I would have to show Grover some time. The creatures came to respect me, as they could still smell Pan- or rather Grover- on me.

But of course, all peace is interrupted. I was taking his patrol around the school when Hermione, dragging a Harry behind her, approached him, throwing a Harry in front of him. Causing him to raise his eyebrows at the pair.

"Harry has something to tell you," Hermione said matter-of-factly. I chuckled at the pair.

"Let me guess- you don't want to make a big deal out of it," I said Harry nodding grimacing, "But Hermione thinks it's a big deal,"

"That's right," Hermione said nodding,

"So, you compromised on me instead of Dumbledore," They both nodded looking at each other surprised,

"That's right! How'd you know?" Harry asked, his eyes wide and I chuckled thinking back to Annabeth, gods I missed her.

"Let's just say I have my own Hermione, back home," I said, "Why don't we take this to my office," gesturing them to follow.

-

I frowned as they wrapped up their story, "So Dumbledore's still being an ass," I grumbled ruffling through some papers that were scattered around my desk to keep my hands busy,

"Alright, so we know that Vol- I mean you-know-who is active, so it's bound to start to bother you, but I want you to start checking in with me every time it does, it could be little but just tell me, and tell me if it gets worse or anything changes,"

"You don't say his name either?!" Harry said shocked, and I looked up at him,

"Harry, when someone says his name everyone stops and stares- you really think I want that attention?" I asked and he gaped, opening and closing his mouth, and I sighed, "It's never good to fear a name- I don't have a problem calling him 'Voldemort' but names have power and I'd rather not attract that attention," 

Harry nodded hesitantly and my gaze wandered to a clock hanging on the wall, "Gods it's late! You have to be getting back!"

"I'll walk you back," I said assuring them out of my office and down the halls managing to make it just before the Gyiffendore portrait when Severus turned the corner. 

"Potter," he drawled upper lip curling, I looked at him then back at Harry, then back to him,

"Wait. Him?" I asked incredulously, of course, he had told me about Lilly, but he didn't tell me who her child was. Severus' and Harry's eyes widened at the same time,

"Me what?" Harry asked looking between us, as Severus sent daggers my way. I cleared my throat,

"Er- nothing, to worry about Harry," I managed,

"Potter, Granger, get to bed, Professor Jackson and I need to have a talk," he said smoothly, causing them to look at me I chuckled at their faithfulness and nodded,

"Get some sleep, and remember Harry, every time, no matter how busy I am," I said and they hesitantly climbed through the portrait.

"Well, I was not expecting that," I said, and he glared at me,

"Not one word to the boy, got it Perseus?" I grimaced at the name,

"Severus," I said, "You know it isn't his fault?" His gaze softened and he sighed,

"He's so much liked his father," Severus said and I grimaced nodding.

"Come on, lets sneak into the kitchens and steal some ice cream," I said and Severus laughed,

"Still a kid, aren't you?" I cracked a smile and held my hands up,

"Guilty," I took a slow step back, "Race you!" I called taking off the corridors, Severus hot on my tail. 

Okay but that last Sevy scene is just so precious! Ik I've completely revamped his character but honestly, Rowling just did him dirty. I don't agree with her on many things, but I love the HP world so much that I just can't help myself sometimes. 

Well, I hope ya'll enjoyed that fluffy chapter- Until next time 🖤don't forget to vote, comment, and add to your library and reading lists!

🦇