Chapter 37- Two Detectives.

--Alina POV--

"Oh my gosh, he's psychotic," I gasped, shoving a handful of popcorn into my mouth.

"Hey, I take offence to that. I can tell you that even we psychopaths aren't that psychotic, this guy's on a whole new level," Alvise jokingly glared at me.

But my eyes were unmoving from the flat-screen TV that hung on the wall on the opposite end of our bed.

We were having a late night since I couldn't seem to fall asleep after hearing the news of Irene's death.

It seemed like it was just yesterday where we were in Elio's nursery, confronting each other about her victimising self. And ironically, just over a week after getting fired, she had become an actual victim.

And neither Alvise, nor Evan seemed to care the least, they didn't even bat an eye after Clyde had informed us, looking almost as though they knew how she died, which is something that even the police were still investigating.

"Alina..." I jumped, almost dumping popcorn all over our bed.

"What is it?" I replied, turning my head to look at my husband who was busy pouting at me, and I'm also often hit at times with the realisation of how similar Elio looks to his father.

I had seen one or two photographs of the young Evan, and Alvise, and Elio looked identical to them.

"Give me attention," Scoffing, I rolled my eyes.

"You're like a puppy," I stroked his head as he glared at me, clearly offended.

Snatching the popcorn bucket out of my hands he put it behind him on the bedside cabinet.

"Hey-" He cut me off, grabbing my waist, and flipping us over so he lay on top of me, and I squeaked out a surprised sound.

"Do you really want me to show you how I am anything but a puppy?" He raised a brow, feeling around the bed covers until he found the remote, and switched the television off, tossing the remote to the side as it slid off the bed, and fell to the ground with a thud.

"You don't need to," I laughed, pushing his shoulders.

"But I insist," He leaned back forward, taking my hand from his shoulder, and kissing my palm, his eyes unwavering from mine.

"Let me show you, Amore mio," He whispered into my ear, the tingling sensation causing goosebumps to erupt along my skin.

"Okay," I breathed out, and he didn't waste a moment to move away from my ear, and to my cheek, going down to my neck, and then my throat.

His fingers played along the ends of my silk nightdress, teasing my trembling skin as the dress slowly rose up my thighs, and his hands grasped around my waist, pulling me down under him, and his lips ripped away from my skin for a moment.

Our eyes met in that moment, and I saw a promise in those glinting green depths of his before he smirked, moving back down to capture my lips in his, his hot tongue desperately running over my bottom lip.

"Ti Amo," He breathed out, the words vibrating against my skin just as I heard a quiet tear, and knowing what it was, an unamused look fell across my features, the sound of his chuckle almost causing me to laugh too.

"Oops,"

"Oops? Again... That's like the tenth time," I grumbled as he pulled the ripped nightdress off of me, throwing it to the side, and pulling the blanket cover back up.

"I can't help it, forgive me. I'll buy you as many of those outfits as you want," I paused mid-eye-roll when he leaned back down, lips landing on my stomach, and I couldn't hide the shiver that spiralled down my spine.