Chapter 95

Xander's POV:

Alright... Books, books books.

I stared at the shelf in front of me, trying to remember the details of each book I had as I skimmed over the spines.

I must have underestimated Doe's want to figure this out, because nearly the second I put the phone down after ordering breakfast, she asked about it again.

So here I was deducting in my own non-professional opinion which one she should start with.

I figured that I could start her with a romance, to at least convey the reason behind the intimacy we've shared...

Even if realizing that meant that it would stop between us.

I didn't want to take any benefit from enjoying the contact without her even knowing what it truly meant.

I got some immediate 'no's from some of the books I knew had a pretentious douchebag as a lead, who was always a prick to the girl yet she somehow fell in love with him anyway?

There were a few like that.

She should probably read at least one so that she knows what's out there.

So she knows what to look out for.

Smutty...? Nah not yet.

Not right off the bat anyway.

Baby steps.

I little more glancing to my right, and I found one that just might work.

It was short and sweet, one of the more healthy relationships I've read about.

Yeah, I'll start her with this.

I pulled it from the shelf, blowing away the dust that collected on it.

She sat exactly where I had left her, crisscrossed on the center of my bed and watching me with anticipating eyes.

"I think you'll like this one," I said, stepping over to her hand handing it over.

She looked it over, quickly glancing over the writing on the back.

"So you think this will answer all of my questions?" She asked, not sounding too confident about it already.

I shrugged, beginning my way to the bathroom to tidy myself up, "Kind of hard to answer your questions when you don't even know what they are."

"True," she mumbled.

A quick knock on the door quickly changed my course.

Our food must have come super fast, but I wasn't complaining.

Although when I opened it and found Nico there instead, my back straightened in surprise.

Both because it felt too early for him to be here, and the fact that he knew he had constant access to my room and could have just let himself in.

That's what I was expecting him to do whenever he got the letter.

"Oh," I spoke, glancing down at what he was holding, trying to play it cool, "What's up?"

He handed it to me silently.

I knew that I was expecting this, but now that the time was here it felt... strange.

Like there was almost a solace to it.

This was the invitation we were waiting for before everything changed.

Me making the journey without Nico, then giving her her citizenship.

My heart ached as I thought about it, looking down at my father's handwriting and not processing a single thing.