Chapter 3

We each stepped out of the limo one by one, Master's previous words making my blood run cold.

My Master and his brother walked side by side while Dahlia and I walked behind them, leashes in their hands.

His words left only one thought flying through my head.

Would my first time being fed from really be today?

I tried to deny it, but the hard pounding in my heart was telling me that I already knew the answer.

It was going to be fine, right?

Every pet probably goes through this on their first day.

I quickly shot a glance at the bite marks on Dahlia.

She seemed to be... experienced in the subject.

What I wouldn't give to ask her a couple of questions instead of just sitting in the unknown.

But I didn't want to risk it.

I was told that first impressions are important, and I wanted my Master to think I was obedient.

I've heard that the ones that are obedient live longer.

At least I hoped that that was the case...

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I swallowed hard at the sudden uneasiness flooding through my body.

My Master's first impression has been... interesting, to say the least.

A weird mix of different things that I couldn't quite make a decision yet

His brother, on the other hand, seemed completely terrifying.

Neither of them were anything like the vampires I've dealt with in the past.

Then again, I guess I hadn't really seen that many while in training with the Pet Mistress.

A new learning experience then!

I tried to look on the bright side of things despite my current situation.

Its the only thing that ever got me where I was today, and the only thing keeping my legs from locking up.

In the kind of world we live in, even the little bright sides help.

I barely looked around the castle as we walked in, favoring to look at the floor to avoid doing something that my Master wouldn't like.

Many vampires were the kind that would get set off by the small things, so I wanted to pick up any details about mine that I could before trying anything.

I tuned back into their conversation as we began walking up some stairs.

"Please tell me you're joking," Nico said, a little disappointment evident in his tone.

"What? So I'm interested in the Lord's daughter. What's wrong with that?" My Master responded.

"There's so many things wrong with that- Wait, which one?"

"The youngest one obviously," He drew out the last word, "Layla is definitely the prettiest out of all of 'em don't you think?"

I guess my Master had a little crush.

Nico just looked at him for a moment.

"I think they're all harlots looking for someone with enough cash and power to fulfill their selfish desires."

Harsh.

"You think that about every woman," Master said.

Nico just shrugged, "Women are nothing but a hassle, Xander. A hassle I don't have time or energy for."