23| Those fucking lips

I've been stuck in my office the entire morning having to figure out what our game plan with the Russians is

I've been stuck in my office the entire morning having to figure out what our game plan with the Russians is. After finding out that they tried to break an alliance between two mafias they crossed the line. They will be rightfully punished but I need to figure out how.

My phone begins to ring, making me stop typing and grab my personal phone. My eyebrows furrow when I see Arabella's name pop up with a random photo of her. I don't remember putting that there. Must have been her.

It was a picture of her making a kissy face at the camera winking. I chuckle lightly answering it and I'm met with Arabella's stunning face with a small smile as she lies on her bed. Her hair was in a bun giving me a clear view of her stunning face. From her glowing emerald eyes to her rosy plump lips. I'm snapped out of my daze when her soothing smooth voice meets my ears.

"Hey pretty boy." Her voice is soft and somewhat sad. It wasn't her bold and fierce attitude. Instead it was quiet and vulnerable. She's been like this for the last week. She's been ignoring us and barely says a word to us. I've seen her zone out in class and eat by herself at lunch. As much as we tried to talk to her she simply shut us out. We didn't know why and when we asked Luca he didn't know either. She was always so quiet. I missed her sassy comments and snappy comebacks.

"Hello amor." I greet with a smile as she rolls her eyes at the name. Suddenly the phone is being grabbed from somewhere as she and someone begin pulling it back and forth. The phone is pulled back and I come face to face with Luca.

"No funny business. Friends. That's it." He scowls at me as I chuckle, leaning back into my chair.

"I think that's for me and Arabella to decide. Don't you think, amor?" I smirk hearing Arabella laugh in the background.

"Nope. I could easily get the rest of her brothers. Including her 11 cousins. And they would beat your ass."

"Ok I think he gets the point." Arabella grabs the phone out of his hand glaring at Luca one last time before looking at me. At that exact moment Vivian bursts through the door.

"Hello brother. I want ice cream. Because why not. Actually nevermind. I was on that diet thing so I'll get a smoothie, maybe? That sounds good. If I get a chocolate smoothie does that count as healthy? I don't think so. But maybe strawberry and chocolate. That's good. Right?" She rambles on before her eyes land on Arabella on the phone. She gasps practically shoving her face in the camera.

"Oh my god! Arabella! Why haven't you called me or the girls? Are you alright? Is everything okay? Do I need to come over? You're not hurt, are you?" Arabella chuckles at Vivian's attack of questions.

"I'm fine, Viv. Just had an off week. That's all." She sighs sadly but it felt like there must have been more to the story.

"If you're alright, I guess it's fine. Wait. Why'd you call Dominic. Out of all people. You call Dominic- nevermind. I think I know." She winks at Arabella making me furrow my eyebrows genuinely confused. Arabella blushes slightly before awkwardly clearing her throat.