~17~

Sage POV

I am hella nervous.

Ivy and I are standing with all of the other first years waiting to get our eggs. We are standing in front of a large door while a teacher called Mr R and Headmaster are explaining what will happen, don't ask why it's Mr R I don't fuckin know.

"You will all walk around and feel your dragon calling you, follow your intuition and you will find them. This is really important do not, I repeat do not distract or interact with anyone while they are looking for their egg, you will most likely get badly hurt. Now, Any questions?" Mr R says. Nobody moves a muscle all feeling overwhelmed by nerves.

"OK. Begin." With that the door swings open and everybody rushes in.

I am immediately met with the smell of lavender and vanilla, looking around there are various types of eggs in different shapes, sizes and colours all on rows of shelves.

People start walking down the isles looking around, a few people have already lifted an egg and went back out the door. I briefly notice Ivy walk away from me but I pay her no mind suddenly feeling a strong pull towards the back of the room, so I start walking towards it ignoring the people around me until I get to a door far away from the rest of the eggs and I push it open seeing a beautiful egg, I feel an overwhelming pull to it, I slowly walk forward, feeling if I walk to fast it would disappear forever.

I step up the step leading to the pedestal which the royal looking egg was laid on gently.

"My Gods..." I faintly hear a voice whisper from behind me.

I pay them no mind as the egg finally comes into reach, I find myself staring intently at it as I slowly extend my arm. My fingers gently graze the outside of the egg, making warmth envelop my fingertips, then I push them that bit further and place both hands on the sides of the egg and finally lift it from the pedestal ...

***

Headmaster Marcus POV

"Ok. Begin." Mr R says.

We watch as the students run through the door eagerly and immediately start rushing down the isles, most staying near the front but a few going near the back, showing us that they are more powerful, the way the Hut is laid out is the slightly less powerful  and smaller dragons are near the front and the more big and powerful dragons are at the back of the room, which is why there are less students towards the back.

"Marcus the Sage girl is going too far back."Mr R says looking towards the back of the room.

"We will follow her but don't do anything. You know first hand what happens." I say before quickly walking after her.