~18~

Sage POV

Adron. A gentle voice floats through my head.

A little black, horned head cracks through the top of the egg looking around confused.And utterly adorable I might add. He then sees me and his small eyes widen slightly before he tries getting out of the egg, but causes it to topple over and the poor thing falls out of the egg and onto the grass with a thud. I laugh slightly and slowly lower my hands to help him from the grass and pause as I see him sniffing around before he starts rolling around in it, making purring and grunting noises.

I smile slightly before saying,"Hello little one. My name is Sage." He stops rolling around and looks at me. I think that means he can understand what I'm saying? "And your name is Adron. My dark little dragon."He stares at me for a moment before nodding, or what looks like it, I can't quite tell...

"We should head inside before it gets dark."I say picking him up gently, not knowing what to do I hold him for a few seconds in scilence before he starts wriggling around and begins crawling up my arm and positions himself on my shoulder, it takes me a second to get used to his weight, I gather the remains of his egg and walk back to the academy.

My little dragon fell asleep of the way there, it was too cute.

***

The next morning I go to headmaster and tell him that my egg hatched last night, he looked shocked for a moment before smiling slightly and congratulating me. Ivy's egg has yet to hatch but I have a feeling it will hatch some time today. 

Now, I'm sitting in my first water class with Adron sleeping on the seat next to me, it's quite pretty in here all around there is paintings some are of colourful fish, there are detailed water dragons as well painted up the walls and continuing onto the roof. Then on the shelves there are trinkets scattered along them there are shells of all sorts, some randoms treasures like coins and larger things made from gold. Then scattered around the room are large glass tanks with all sorts of creatures in them a few are very pretty and some are.... not. This room is massive with a fountain in the middle on the class, there are desks in pairs all arounds the room.

I took a seat near the window when the class goes silent when a male teacher walks in with a small smile on his face,"Hello students." He chirps happily, the class replies, and it seems like they like this teacher? "I know that I had a few of you last year, but there are 2 or 3 of you that are new so I'll introduce myself my name is Mr Cari and I''l be your water teacher." His eyes scan the room and he looks at me for a longer than normal before continuing with his class.

"First off I want to see where precisely your skills lie because even though your level 1 your  all still at different stages in your learning. So with the water tanks in front of you," A small tank appears infant of everyone."I want you all to mess around with it, do what you want to your full abilities but don't overdo yourselves thats why Im hear so you can learn to your fullest abilities." He says with a smile and everyone starts.

Looking around to see what other people are doing I see some floating a ball of water and then splitting it in three and throwing it to their fiends around them, looking away I turn my eyes to another person he is making different types of animals and playing with them in the air I watch as he forms a wolf and deer and then he makes a scene the wolf sneaking up on the deer before it pounces and the water falls away into the tank again.

I smile slightly before turning back to my tank I start by setting my hand into the water slowly, letting myself adjust to my water element before taking it out again, I then lift a stream of water up, using the whole tank, and make it flow around me first in streams I smile slightly watching it move before raising my hands and making a water dragon, quite literally may I add, like the ones that where painted along the walls of the classroom. I start with the head of the dragon making the teeth, eyes and horns. Then I move down the body of it adding legs and scales, the scales are tricky just because of how detailed they are but I get it and the dragon looks quite realistic I notice Adron wake up from the seat next to me and stare at the water with interest before jumping on the table and sneaking up on the water dragon I made suddenly he pounces with his small jaw open and snaps through the water, I laugh slightly when he turns back to it snarling.

I jump slightly when I hear a chuckle come from behind me and my water dragon falters a bit before flowing around me again. I turn quickly seeing Mr Cari and a few boys staring at what I made and I blush slightly while lowering the water back into the tank,"Sorry sir, I didn't know you where there." I say slightly flustered.

"No, no it's fine. I didn't mean to startle you. Um do you mind tell-"He gets cut of by the bell and everyone starts to leave. 

I stick my arm out to Adron and he climbs onto my shoulders before turning back to Mr Cari,"What where you saying?"

"Oh I'll speak with you in our next class." He says before walking away.

I start walking to my next class. Air.

***

This classroom is like my water class except it is based around air. In the same way, there are animals in cages and some even walking around the class, this class is very open there are windows everywhere and the roof is open and if it still isn't screaming that this is an air classroom it seems as though there is a constant pleasing air that flows throughout the class.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the teacher comes in and looks around before talking,"Hello class my name is Mr Anan and I am the level 1 air teacher in the Academy. Now I know I had most of you last year but there is 1 or 2 of you that are new and I want to know where your skills lie but I also want to see how the rest of you have improved since I saw you last. So do what you can and I'll observe."

Then everyone starts some levitating objects and some pushing their friends around by an invisible force. But I shut my eyes and calm myself, shifting from my water element to my air element and open my eyes again and start summoning a ball of air first getting used to it, I wonder if I can make fog? I'll try. I think back to my trials. To the fox I fought and how the fog from its body moved and flowed, I visualised the ball of air I had summoned turning into fog and then I open my eyes and gasp slightly at the ball of fog floating between my hands and the way it  practically dripped all over my desk and onto the floor of the class, I panic a bit when I see the fog moving over to a group of boys messing around  and I quickly summon it back so that fog stayed around my table and I turn my attention back to the ball I then start to make a smaller model of the fox I fought during my trial and I smile slightly when I see how it looks.

Suddenly, the bell goes off and I make the fog disappear before picking up Adron and making my way to my next class.

Earth.

***

Hello my darlings! Isn't this surprising? Im not dead, hah. Anyway the writers block has been real  I have a lot of ideas for other books so I think this book will probably feel a little rushed, but don't worry I will definitely come back and rewrite this book. But fear not there will be more chapters!

Until next time, Toxic...

P.S. Sorry for the short chapter I wanted to get something out quickly.

1409 words