Chapter 12

"McAllister needs about two thousand for the new meds," Killian said, not even sounding out of breath from his slow jog next to her.

She swallowed. "Okay. That seems doable." Her voice was breathy from running. It felt good at first, but now she was starting to get tired.

"Time to walk," he said, dropping his speed. "Are you doing okay?"

She nodded. They had been training together for a few days. He had really only been teaching her how to run by jogging intervals to build her endurance since she had never done anything like it before. The first day seemed way too easy. Today was the first where she struggled to keep up.

"It is very doable," he said, continuing the prior conversation. "There's around seventy five pack members. If we could think of something where they could all contribute, the money wouldn't be an issue."

"What about like a fall festival? With food and games? We could charge an entrance fee."

He picked up into a jog. "That's a good one. An entrance fee wouldn't make enough I don't think. There would have to be something else."

They were quiet until she stopped, unable to go anymore. She hunched over, sucking in air.

"I don't think I can train with the pack, Kill," she gasped.

He took her hand, helping her straighten. "Don't be so hard on yourself, baby. You've only done this a few times. You're doing so good."

She took a minute, but ultimately Killian made her finish the last interval.

It was funny how physical exercise could impact her mentally. She felt stronger, like she could accomplish anything. Or maybe that was just the sweet man standing by her side.

" I'd like to visit McAllister with Jacob one day," Naomi said quietly, taking a drink.

Killian was pleasantly surprised. His mate was making great efforts, and he was blessed to have someone so strong be his forever.

"Sure. We can go," he said, taking her hand. He pressed his lips to the back of it. I love you.

----

"Are you ready for my presentation, Alpha?" Naomi teased, standing from her seat. Killian was working in the office and she was making a fundraiser plan for the McAllister's.

She had never called him Alpha before and he felt a flood of heat consume his body. Her confidence was so damn hot.

He grinned, "I'm ready."

"We will hold a Fall Fest Trot which is a 5k run. There will be a fifteen dollar entrance fee, so let's say only twenty five members show up, thats just under four hundred dollars. Then for the actual festival, there will be a ten dollar entrance fee. And then maybe a pie sale when people come in?"

She slid her notebook over so he could see her scribbled, yet dainty notes.

"I don't think we will get to two thousand, plus the pack would have to spend some money so I understand-" she mumbled.

"Naomi, baby, it's a really good idea. Come here."

She walked into his embrace, and he pulled her onto his lap.

"I haven't been great at keeping the morale up. It's hard when you don't feel good," he admitted. "I don't care to put away some money for this because I know the pack will love it. You're an excellent Luna."

She pushed her lips onto his, before placing her head on his shoulder. She felt her heart thud blissfully in her chest.

"They're lucky to have you as an Alpha," she murmured, her hand rubbing circles on his chest.

He had wanted someone to say that for so long. He was only trying to be the best he could be. And now he had the sweetest, bravest girl by his side. The Moon Goddess did not steer him wrong.

"I'm falling in love with you," he whispered.

"I've already fell," she said back. "You've changed my life, Kill. You've been so patient and caring. I'm stronger because of you."

Neither one of them said the three words, but they were felt as they sat together, soaking in each other's warmth.

He kissed her cheek. "You're going to be a busy lady. You need to figure out the Trot route, and make a list of what you'll want for the fest so I can pull some funds and set up some meetings."

Naomi was excited to be able to do something, be apart of something. She couldn't wait.

---

"Alpha, Luna, it's a pleasure. Thank for visiting," John McAllister said, attempting to use the button to rise his bed.

"You don't need to sit up," Killian said, stopping him. "We came with good news, and then we will leave you to rest."

Jacob, his son, sat by his side, "Luna put together a whole festival just for you, dad. Can you believe it?"

Naomi blushed, staying slightly hidden behind Killian's tall frame.

McAllister was speechless.

"We want you to be able to get the help you need. All of the money made will go towards your treatment," he said.

"That is so thoughtful. Thank you both so much for helping us, even after the trouble Jacob put you through."

"Jacob and I worked it out. He's a good kid, just needs to find something purposeful to do with his time." Killian glanced at kid who looked embarrassed.

"You are a blessing, Alpha, and you, Luna. I see a bright future for our pack. You parents would be so proud of your work, of your mate. You've done good," he praised, before giving a few rough coughs.

Naomi took Killian's hand. They wished the family a good night before leaving the man to rest.