part eight

"Guys!" Luka yelled as she opened the garage doors. When she opened them she saw Julie at her keyboard, Reggie on bass, Alex on drums, and Luke standing by the chair, "Did we miss something?" she asked referring to her and Luke.

"Grab your guitars. We've got work to do." Julie said.

Luka smiled and walked over to the couch and grabbed her electric guitar.

"And one, two-" Alex began counting down.

"Wait, um, there's actually something we wanna tell you guys." Luke interrupted and looked at Luka.

"So, long-story-short, Luke and I are siblings." Luka blurted out. It wasn't like she'd imagined it, but oh well.

She looked at everyone's expressions, they didn't look extremely surprised, just a little.

"Ta-da!" the two said with jazz hands.

"You guys don't look surprised," Luke said.

The three looked at each other, "Well, we've always suspected it, to be honest." Reggie finally said.

"Uh-huh," she said but brushed it off.

"What made you come back?" Luke asked.

"Well, I realized how important music is to all of us. We've already lost so much, we can't lose this too." Julie said standing up.

"Thanks." Luke said, "All right, boss. Where we at?" he asked.

Julie chuckled, "Oh, and by the way, happy birthday." she said and sat back down.

Luke and Luka looked at each other, confused, and then at Alex and Reggie.

"Let's go from the pre-chorus," Julie answered.

"One, two, three, four."

_____________________________________

"Been so long, and now I'm finally free." Julie and Luka sang quietly as they entered the house from the backdoor, but stopped when they saw Carlos taking pictures of literally everything.

"What are you doing?" Luka asked.

"Looking for those orb things," he answered.

"What...?" she trailed off and looked at Julie, who just motioned for her to drop the question.

"I'm telling you, this place is haunted." he continued, "Every time I open my laptop, it's on some... rock music site. That ain't me. You know I'm all about the rap," he said.

"Reggie." the two girls chuckled.

"I'm just trying to protect you," he said quietly.

The two girls then tried to continue their way towards the stairs, so they could go to Julie's room.

"Oh, I'd be careful there." Carlos stopped them, "Dad has that look on his face, like when Google Maps tells him to turn on the wrong street." he warned.

Luka looked at Julie, unsure of whether to continue, but her friend just brushed it off. Luka had been there when Ray would have such an encounter with the GPS, and it was not pretty. The two then continued their way regardless.

As they were about to walk through the doorway leading into the living room, Ray stopped them with crossed arms.

"Nope," Luka said and hurried back into the kitchen. She was staying the night, just because she couldn't bear seeing her parents so sad before bed. Besides, it was a yearly tradition for Luka to stay over that night.

She didn't hear what Ray said to Julie, but knew it wasn't good.

"So, what kind of rap do you listen to?" Luka asked Carlos, who was still taking pictures.