part twelve

After hurrying after Julie, they lost track of her.

Rob, Flynn, and Luka, were now standing by the side entrance to the stage.

"What am I supposed to do?" Rob asked.

"Well, if you guys have an extra acoustic guitar, I- I guess I could play one of mine?" Luka suggested.

"Yeah, I think we mi-" Rob got cut off half-sentence when the door leading to the alley opened.

Julie marched up to them, "Signs." she said and presented a dahlia.

"Wait, where are you going?" Flynn asked.

"She's going on stage," Luka said and hurried after the girl.

"Welcome to Live at the Orpheum." the announcer said, "Now give it up for Lucie and the Phantoms." he presented, and the crowd started clapping.

Julie walked over to the keyboard, while Luka picked up her electric guitar.

Julie placed the respected flower on the keyboard, before grabbing her microphone, "Hi. I'm Julie. And that's Luka, one of my best friends." she introduced, Luka gave the girl a skeptical look, but let her carry on, "Um... Tonight, I'd like to dedicate this song to my mom, who's been there with us every time we've played." she explained, "And thank her for... not giving up on us." she paused, "I'd also like to dedicate tonight's performance to... three special friends."

"And a brother, who have changed our lives completely, who have brought music back to us. It was their dream to play here, and... this is for them" Luka announced.

"This song is for anyone who's lost their way. Step into your greatness. Don't give up. Stand tall. Thank you." Julie said before placing her mic back in its holder and getting ready to play their song.

"Don't blink. No, I don't want to miss it. One thing, and it's back to the beginning. 'Cause everything is rushing in fast. Keep going on never look back." Julie sang.

"And it's one, two, three, four times. That I'll try for one more night. Light a fire in my eyes. I'm going out of my mind." Luka sang and started to play a few slow notes.

"Whatever happens. Even if I'm the last standing, I'ma stand tall, I'ma stand tall." Julie sang.

"Whatever happens. Even when everything's down. I'ma stand tall. I'ma stand tall." Luka sang.

"I gotta keep on dreaming. 'Cause I gotta catch that feeling." Julie sang, progressively adding more, and more power, "Whatever happens. Even if I'm the last standing. I'ma stand tall. I'ma stand tall."

And right as she stopped projecting her voice, you could hear the sound of drums playing, and the next thing you see is Alex, hitting every beat.

Right before Julie started singing again, Reggie appeared, playing, meaning that Luka could start playing the full rhythm now.

"Right now. I'm loving every minute. Hands down. Can't let myself forget it, no. 'Cause everything is rushing in fast. Keep holding on, nevеr look back." Luka sang.

"And it's one, two, three, four times. That I'll try for one morе night. Light a fire in my eyes." Julie sang, as Luke started to appear, but was fighting whatever was golding him back.

"I'm going out of my mind." Luke finally sang, coming through, "Whatever happens. Even if I'm the last standing. I'ma stand tall. I'ma stand tall."

"Whatever happens." Julie joined in, "Even when everything's down. I'ma stand tall. I'ma stand tall. I gotta keep on dreaming. 'Cause I gotta catch that feeling. Whatever happens. Even if I'm the last standing. I'ma stand tall. I'ma stand tall."