Chapter 72 - BONUS CHAPTER

I'm not expecting to see Callum.

He's usually in bed until midday. He's out all night. Living with him for the past month has been easier than expected. I don't have to try to avoid him because he's never around. In all honesty, I think he's avoiding me. Part of me thinks he hates me. I did kill his best friend. Flashbacks of Jackson – the Class Killer – crawling out of a graveyard of dead bodies pierce my thoughts.

Callum was supposed to be back in Newhaven doing hockey. It's just a twist of fate that the president of his club passed away and his team is taking a season off to show their respect.

"Glad to see you're alive," Ben says to Callum.

"Are you trying to poison us?" Callum says, nodding to Ben's pinkish coloured pancakes.

"That's exactly what Jade said," Ben laughs.

Callum's eyes drift to me like he hadn't noticed I was in the room before. He gives me the slowest once over.

It makes me feel hot all of a sudden, especially thinking about my dream of him last night.

I so do not need this right now.

Ben clears his throat. "They're one hundred percent organic."

"Ew," I finally say.

"You can't expect me – a future doctor – to feed my roommates toxins! You know your body literally regenerates itself from the food you eat."

I take a seat at the counter. "I'm sure they will be healthy and delicious," I lie, knowing damn well how Ben's other attempts have tasted.

Ben puts the latest ice hockey match on TV while the three of us eat our pancakes.

"Can't we watch something else?" Callum sighs.

"Don't be a baby," Ben laughs.

I finish my pancakes first and clean up the dishes. Ben walks over and kisses me on the cheek, "thanks for cleaning up. I'm going down to the library, I'll be back in a few hours."

"Study hard," I say and give him a small smile.

I finish up the dishes, getting some sudds on my pj's. It's warming up now, so I'm only in a silk tank top and short set.

I go to the bathroom and take a quick shower.

My phone buzzes on the sink. I finish up, step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me. I reach over to the sink, glancing at the closed door, and grab my phone. It makes me think of that time, so long ago, when Callum walked in on me in the shower. I wish I could go back in time. I wish none of this shit ever happened.

My phone buzzes again.

Darcy: How far away are you?

Darcy: Jade? Where are you?

Me: sorry showeringgh noww Ben made pancakke

My wet fingers slip over the wrong buttons. I fill a glass with water.

Darcy: You could have fucking warned me.

Me: I'm sorry I didn't thikk it wuld be a long time.

Darcy: No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.

Darcy has been... paranoid. His mental health has majorly deteriorated since what happened. Everyone's has. The Class Killer – I mean, my brother – hurt Darcy more than anyone else that was taken at the train. I think he wanted revenge. I want revenge.