73

"Who was that?" Daniella asked through the radio. She was just hit by another car, causing her to miss getting ahead of Valtteri.

"It was Carlos," Nate informed her. "Norris had contact with him pushing him towards you."

"Are they okay?"

"Umm.. I think Norris has a puncture."

Daniella didn't like the news. Lando was already struggling to score some good points and now this puncture is going to make him fall back. And on top of that Valtteri is quite ahead of her.

After a few laps she was informed that Lewis is gaining position fast and is now at P5.

So now not only she has to catch up to Valtteri but soon has to defend herself from Lewis. Luckily Max is right behind her and she knows he will try is best to not let Lewis get past him.

As Lewis was doing his best to get past Max, Daniella managed to overtake Valtteri. A part of her was relieved but it was short lived as soon Lewis overtook Max.

Daniella was determined to maintain her lead but it was ruined as she saw the Williams of George Russell ahead oh her. He is a lap behind her and is not making it easy for her to get past.

"What is he doing?" she huffed in frustration.

Lewis got closer and was trying to overtake her now but the Williams ahead of her was slowing her down.

She tried her best to defend her position but Lewis managed to overtake her with only two laps to go. And as soon as she fall back in the second position George moved aside.

The checkered flag was out and the entire audience cheered as Lewis won the race.

Even though Daniella finished second and is still leading the championship, she can't help but be mad at George for costing her the win.

***

"You look pissed," Lando said as soon as Daniella finished her media duties.

"So do you," she replied.

The duo was not happy with their race results and bore the same expression.

"I am pissed, and disappointed, and sad," Lando confessed. "It was supposed to a good weekend for me."

Daniella gave a small smile. She wanted to hold his hand but can't as there are a lot of people around.

"What happened was not your fault," she tried to comfort Lando.

"I am not so sure about that," he looked at her. "I think Carlos is mad at me."

"I don't think so," she replied softly. "He is not as immature as us."

Lando chuckles.

"Go talk to him," she adviced as she saw the Ferrari driver coming back from his interviews. "You will feel better."

***

Daniella was hoping to get back to the hotel before Mercedes announces the news but it didn't go as she planned.

There was a media storm waiting for her as she made her way out of the paddock. Myra was doing her best to guide Daniella to the car.

"Did I do the right thing?" Daniella asked as they securely sat inside the car.

"Don't doubt yourself," Myra advised. "You made the right decision and this media storm will die down soon."

"Let's hope so."

***

"I wish I could drop you off at the airport," Daniella said as she helped Lando pack. He is leaving for Qatar in a couple of hours and Daniella has to stay another day in Brazil as she has some interviews to attend.

"That's alright," Lando smiled before kissing her forehead. "Besides, I think its best if you stay in the hotel. There is still a swarm of reporters waiting outside."

Daniella sighed as she finished packing and sat down.

"Have to talked to George?" Lando asked as he also sat down.

Daniella nodded in response. "It didn't go well. He is very angry.."

"Don't worry," Lando rubbed her back, trying to comfort her. "He will come around eventually."

Daniella let out a deep breath as she rested her head on his shoulder. "I don't know Lando...he seemed pretty pissed today."

**********

A/N: Do you want anything else to happen between Dani and George?