Nothing But Myself

Scarlett's P.O.V

Damn that was a good nights sleep. Though, how can I get out of bed knowing that Hughes is now dead possibly because of me? I yawned softly, but paused when an arm tightened around my waist.

What.

The.

Fuck?

I looked up at Ed's sleeping face; so calm. That voice from last night, one that coaxed me out my nightmares, was that him? I need to thank him, since my dreams were eating the hell out of my sanity.

"Ed."

"Ed.

"Eddy."

"Eddah. MOTHER OF SCIENCE WAKE UP!!!!!" I screamed suddenly, making him jolt awake and roll off the bed. I have to admit, without him on the bed, it's pretty cold. I laughed as he scrambled to regain his composure.

"What?!" He groaned, eyes widening in anger at me.

"Um, it was either me saying 'wake up' or 'RAPE!!!'" I laughed as his face turned red and looked away. He knew exactly what happened last night. He probably was too lazy to go sleep in my bed.

"Yeah, sorry." He huffed, cheeks still as red as my hair. Wow, what happened to my snappy Ed that never says it's his fault of sorry? Dear God, he's finally grown; mentally. Because everyone knows he'll always be a shrimp. We both raced down for breakfast; compliments to Sig, and talking about our next move. I looked around. It was quiet.

Too quiet.

"Hey, where's Ally-boy?" I asked. Ed then began to panic after searching the house like, five times. Idiot didn't even notice there was a note placed on his nightstand. Pfft. Ed being himself.

"Al.." I read quickly, my eyes widening when I turned to Edward, "..he went to see Shou Tucker."

~~~~~~

"DAMN!! I AM THE WORST MOTHERFUCKING BODYGUARD EVAH!!" I screamed in frustration as we raced to the old warehouse where Shou and Al were.

"You're the best friend we could ever ask for though.." I heard Edward darkly chuckle next to me as I had a spaz attack. We turned a corner and guess who just pops up from outta nowhere?! SLUTTY LUST!!! DAMN THIS DAY'S A BITCH!!!

"You two are looking well for military fugitives." Lust is really bad at starting a conversation. She points her long fingernails at Ed's head, and I growl in a protest.

"My brother told us what you are." Ed gave her a steely eyed look. She frowned deeply.

"I am nothing but myself." She stated, making me snort and twirl my hand in the air, annoyingly.

"Catchy." I sarcastically replied. Lust started to shoot more fingers toward my head, but I used my Automail to block. Ed reaches into his pocket and pulls out Lust's locket we found on Alphonse in Ishbal. He held it up for her to see, and she back up slightly. I walked closer to Ed, and he grabbed my hand.

"We know what you are." He repeated. There was a noise from above us, and I looked to see the asshole Wrath.

"MOVE!" I pushed Ed out of the way as wrath latched onto my arm. "Leggo you little leach!!" SHIT.

"You're not the one I want." He mumbled, looking to Ed with a psychotic look. "Now I'll take your limbs as my own and be human."

"That's not what makes a human, human!!" Ed yelled back. "Scarlett, Alphonse's soul bonded to armor, my arm and leg,... The soul is what makes us human!!"

"And you're damn cray cray if you think I'll let you take Ed's soul!!!" I yelled, kicking my foot into Wrath's face. He finally let go, but somehow absorbed my arm. DOUBLE SHIT.
Ed created a wall between them and us and we did what any good alchemist is good at: run like hell.

"How's your arm?" He asked, looking at my now bare shoulder where my arm should've been.

"Where's Lust's locket?" I asked. His face grew a bit flustered and he looked away. TRIPLE SHIT. "we better start running faster!!" I looked behind me to see Lust closing on us.

There's the warehouse!! I can hear Wrath screeching to high heavens that Lust should kill us.

"Do you still want to become human, Lust?" I asked quickly, and she paused.

"There's a Philosophers Stone. Shou Tucker is helping Al learn how to use it as we speak. Say if you already knew how to-" Ed was cut off.

"Stop it. We can't talk to them." Lust looked away.

"Then," Lust turns back to us, tears brimming in her eyes, "..would you make me a human being?" I'd say maybe. If it puts others in danger, no way. Sorry lady.

"TRAITOR!!" Wrath screams, starting to run at her. Since I was probably the closest to him, I slapped Ed's hand next to me and threw my hand in the path of Wrath. I changed the compounds in his body, splitting them and creating new ones. 'Shocking' ones. He grunted and fell back.

"Why would I ever turn you human?" Ed spat at her, anger in his eyes as he grasped my hand once again.

"Because if you turned all Homunculi into humans, then you wouldn't have to hunt is anymore." She explained. Even I couldn't say anything against it. If our worst enemy were to lose their power as a homunculus, we'd be at an advantage. All this time, Wrath was writhing in pain on the ground screaming 'traitor!' He suddenly takes out Lust's locket, and she falls to the ground.

"Couldn't you be patient?!" He yelled at her, putting his foot directly on her chest. Ew. "Mother said she'd make us human once she got the Philosopher's Stone, didn't she?!"

"You blindly follow that wretched woman, you are truly the fool." Lust growled.

___________________

There you have it!! We're already nearing the end, possibly only seven or eight more chapters, plus a prologue. Tell me what you think is going to happen!

Brain: Heheheh...they'll never guess tho.

Me: GAH!! TELL ME YOUR VILLAINOUS PLOT, DEMON!!

Brain: never bro. U need to take a chill pill and a page out of the book.

Comment

Like,

Follow.

~ Saturnthehero.