Awaiting Everyone Is Darkness In The End.

Edward's P.O.V.

How?

What is happening?

My eyes are wide open, but all I see is an endless white void. No sign of Scarlett's flaming hair at all.

"Well?" A voice finally broke the silence behind me, and I turned to see a being as white as the void all around me, and the only thing letting me see him was a shade of darkness around him. No eyes, no details at all but his mouth. "What would you exchange this time to see the Truth? Another limb? A friend?"

"No." I answered sternly. "Never again." I can see the being smile, and before long, I was back in the ballroom, where Scarlett was struggling against Envy to get to-

"Brother!" I turn my head to Al, only to see him helplessly on the ground as his limbs were gone so he wouldn't run.

"Alphonse! Don't worry!" I tried to reach him, but that fat homunculus stopped me. But he seemed utterly psychotic with the way he moved. I grunted, using my sword I had made out of my hand to deny him off.

"You killed my Lust!" He wailed, sitting on the ground; sniffling.

"We didn't kill her big guy!" I heard Scarlett yell, "the little homunculus named Wrath did!"

"..Wrath?"

"Yeah! Now put two and two together like a man!" She added, which put a smile to my face, even though the situation was not the best. The fat one sat its ass on. The ground, and didn't move after that.

Maybe he's going through homunculus puberty.

"Ed!" Scarlett's scream pulled me out of my trance, and she was there, sitting atop Envy and beating the shit out of him.

God. And this is why I lo- like her so much!

"You." She punched his jaw hard. "Mother. Fudger. And. Your. Palm tree. Hair. And. Your. Gender. Neutral. Ass!" She said, causing my smile to widen. I felt something blunt hit my head, and everything became blurry as I saw the fat homunculus stand over me.

Shit.

"Now you're going to die." Yeah, no. Dying is not on the agenda. Especially if I get Scarlett out of living through this. I kicked and shoved, finally getting his fat lard off of me. We glanced quickly at each other before I stepped fast toward him and slashed my metal sword. He took the chance to try and snatch my arm, but I was too fast, and I pulled back for a round house kick.
I darted my eyes toward Scarlett as she used her alchemy skillfully to stay one step away from Envy. She was also still yelling profanities about Envy's gender and hairstylist.

Fat boy made his way to tackle my waist, which was successful due to me spacing out from Scarlett. I grunted and pushed him away while a slab of earth divided us. I then began using that earth to my advantage, making tiny bullets from the material in the ballroom floor and shooting them at fatty. I smirked to myself, but felt a small prick of pain on my torso.

Near my heart.

"NO!!" Scarlett cried out from behind me, but her voice became fuzzier within seconds. When the objet that impaled me was pulled out, I collapsed to the ground; the alchemic reaction to keep the earth up falling to the ground.

Envy had killed me.

I couldn't see Al as he struggled to see my body.

I couldn't hear Scarlett's mangled cries as she now sat atop Envy; punching the shit out of him once again. Her tears glint in the golden light.

...

Then darkness. Always there through you life, hiding in the shadows until the day that you die, because darkness is what awaits us all in the end. Then light. I fell almost dizzy with the way death is so quick. There was the door of Truth I had seen but twenty minutes before. And the being along with the door as well.