Part Two

Draco paced his little studio flat impatiently. 

   This was a fucking stupid, stupid idea. One that if he had been sober, he wouldn't have consideredin a million years. 

   He made a mental note to hide his phone from himself when he was next intoxicated. He couldn'tafford to make another stupid mistake like this. 

   She could have dropped it in anonymously at his office ... she could have sent it by owl in the post.But no, she told him she would deliver it to his address, her reply was short and he knew the exacttone she would have used. It wouldn't have been a happy one. He still didn't know why, but nowhis palms were sweating at the thought of seeing her again. 

   Why choose to hand deliver it? Did she like to torture him? Maybe herself? Or maybe, Dracothought with a slight sinking feeling in his stomach, she just didn't think about it anymore and thislittle meeting now meant nothing her.

   This was going to be majorly difficult. These days, even the mention of her name caused those finehairs on the back of his neck to stand on end. And then the memories sink back in. That was thehardest part about all of this. Those memories ... 

   The way she smelled, the curves of her body, the way she arched into him and moulded to him sodeliciously. But even more dangerous was that look in her eyes. All the hate and the hurting andthe tension of the past was there in the cinnamon swirls of them. She was the only other one heknew who held that many emotions for another person. 

   For him. 

   It was almost too complex and almost too painful to unravel the intense emotions that hadtranspired between them over the last decade or so. Hate, loathing, begrudging respect ... tension.Always tension. Whether either of them liked it or not, it had always been there between them fromthe beginning.

   And then, they danced. 

   Draco sucked in a breath when he heard the feint knock at the door. A knock that told him theperson behind it felt just as tentative about the situation as he did. He didn't know what to do withthis new situation and these feelings surrounding him... this wasn't the way he lived his life. 

   Another knock. 

   If he didn't answer then she would walk away. He knew the pride she would have had to swallowto bring herself here. To face him after .... 

   Well, after they had bared themselves to each other previously, warts and all. 

   Draco made his way to the door, willing himself to control his emotions and allow himself to calmdown. The thought of what she would look like on the other side of the door was not helping hissituation. 

  He clicked the door off the latch, holding his breath.

________________________________________________________________________________

   Instant regret. 

   As she stood there looking at him for the first time in over six months, that was the first feelingthat crossed her mind. Looking at him standing there, a white-collar shirt tucked into a pair of greypants ... first few top buttons undone. Reminding her of the last time she had seen him ... with thatmessy hair, looking absolutely fuckable. 

   Oh, god ...

   Yes, instant regret. 

   She regretted deciding to bite the bullet and coming to see him face to face. She regretted theemotions that this little meeting had brought back to her, making her breathing unsteady and feellike she would pass out. But mostly, she was regretting the fact that she had left him there over sixmonths ago, when all she had really wanted to do was lie back down with him for longer.