Part Four

It sat there; dormant and dominating, taunting her from across the room. 

   Five minutes. 

   Five more minutes, and she knew he would be in touch. 

   She stretched herself out in anticipation, feeling the tense knots undoing beneath her skin. This wasall just too much ... the anticipation was more than she could handle. She couldn't stand thethought of him being in control like this. It felt like a constant battle of wills.

   And yet ... if she got her turn, she would make him suffer. 

   Because now it wasn't suddenly a case of IF ... it was when. Some sort of silent agreementbetween them, their curiosity too strong to deny any of this with each other. They were practicallyleaving one another at each other's mercy. 

   It was a very dangerous game. 

   Hermione settled herself on the couch, laying down casually when her phone rang. 

   God ... is this what they had progressed to already? Completely skipped past the sexting now andstraight onto the phone sex. All the breathing and the moaning and the ... dirty talk. 

   She moaned internally as she hit the receive button and pressed the phone to her ear, closing hereyes and trying to steady her nerve. 

   "Granger ..." he breathed. 

   Fuck, she was gone already. 

   No. Hold your own, don't show him how much just his voice affects you.

   "Malfoy ...." was all she replied. This was his show, but she wasn't going to play straight into hishands.

   "I see you took my little gift..." he said with a small chuckle. "Thought I should return itconsidering you were so fond of it in the first place ..." 

   She bit her lip. She could retort and break the mood ... or she could keep silent and see where thiswent. She stared over at the tie again ... nerves slicing into her at the thought of what he had inmind for her tonight. 

   She kept silent, just listening to his breathing quietly down the phone. She wondered where he was... was he on his couch like her? Or had he gone to bed? 

   The thought of him in bed did things to her. 

   "Go and get the tie, Granger ... try it on for size." It wasn't a request; it was a command. 

   She momentarily fleeted her mind between doing as she was told and flat out refusing to do as heasked. She hardly ever bowed to that kind of pressure. 

   "Don't get your knickers in a knot about being told what to do, I already know you're fighting this..." he sounded a little impatient. He knew her too well. "... just play the game." 

   Yes. 

   Yes, it was rather like a game, wasn't it? A filthy little game and they were the only ones whoknew they were playing it. 

   She gave in and summoned the tie. She was sure she heard his breath hitch through the phonewhen the fabric rustled around her neck as she draped it over herself. 

   "Good ... now ... close your eyes and think of somewhere..." she could tell her was smirkingthrough the phone. 

   She crinkled her nose, wondering what he was up to. "What, like anywhere in the world?"

   "Yes, Granger ..." he said almost impatiently. 

   "But why?" 

   "Granger-"