Light

Rosa Giovenesi's P.O.V

"W-what are the circumstances that changed?" I splutter out while blinking rapidly. I'm usually much more composed and put together but that all gets thrown out of the window when I'm in between a rock and a hard place, quite literally. It's not every day I find myself trapped against a wall and a rather temperamental young man.

Scratch that. I don't even know if he's young or not.

I can't tell much about the person in front of me. Only seeing the obvious like his towering height and broad physique. His bulky arms are crossed over his chest as he stands with his legs spread apart. His face remains concealed, especially his eyes although I know for a fact he's sporting a mean glare directed straight at little old me. Clad in a light coloured hooded sweatshirt with a dark jacket over the top, the man is packed nice and tight but something tells me he keeps himself fit. The hood throw over his head keeps me on edge since I can't presume what he's thinking, a black cap obscuring everything from view even more so.

I never knew how uncomfortable it was to talk to someone without being to look them in the eye. This is coming from someone who hates constant eye contact so that's saying something.

"You're under surveillance twenty-four seven for God's sake. I barely made it to the opposite side of the complex and nearly got caught by your little guard dogs." His words have me feeling a little miffed as I put my nose in the air, not letting him try to make me feel guilty for something that's out of my control.

"It's not like I have a choice. If I had it my way I would rather not be guarded like some criminal who's about to escape from prison." The tone of my voice isn't harsh but it's not soft either as I mimic the man's pose in front of me, crossing my arms over my chest.

He lets out a grunt about to speak but stops midway as a dark shadow crosses over the small window. I snap my gaze towards it, catching sight of a lingering employee who's about to step inside. I hold my breath, not liking the fact that we're in some place we shouldn't be. I mean it's not a big deal but I hate being caught red-handed in a place where I shouldn't be.

It's embarrassing.

"You should come back to my place. It's not eight yet but that clearly doesn't matter to you," I eye him up. I clearly thought I had more than enough time to prepare for this little encounter but he had other plans. Plans which involved casing out my apartment as if he's about to pull off some sort of weird operation.

"I'm not coming to your apartment. Not while there are guards out there who can catch sight of me." I  can't help but to roll my eyes at the dramatics of the man.

He's acting like he's a wanted criminal. Wait a minute.

"You're not a wanted criminal are you?" I question as I step towards him, finger pointed in his direction but he takes an immediate step back.

The little pause he takes puts me on edge but I wait nonetheless. "Wanted, no."

I definitely read between the lines.

Criminal? Yes.

"I'll get you in without the guards seeing you but please. I need to talk this out with you properly," I begin to plead with him. Desperate for his help. "I wouldn't push so much if it wasn't important. Mr Leo wouldn't have contacted you if that weren't the case." I can tell the words have resonated within the man as he nods his head finally. We both know Mr Leo contacting someone like this and that too for a favour isn't something to be taken lightly.

"Before we go I just need to get something." He doesn't seem amused by the way he lets out a deep sigh and I try to hold back a frown. I would've been out of here tampons in hand if it weren't for him practically pouncing on me.