Chapter 34

The New Year’s Celebration is already approaching. This is the first one I’ll participate in since I was born…  

… I was very nervous.  

Because I’ve never been to a place where there are a lot of people.  

I haven’t been to a more crowded place than  Cecil’s birthday party. 

However, as it is a national event, I was worried that there would be a lot of people.

Unlike me, who was troubled like this, the maids in charge of me seemed very excited. 

“Your Highness! We can finally show off our skills!”  

“Should you wear the dress that His Majesty sent for the festival?”

“First, I’ll bring you jewels that are as pretty as the princess’s eyes!” 

It was the maids who were busy, but why do I feel tired? Is it just me? I already felt tired after taking a bath in the morning.

“Your Highness! Stay still! If you move, it will be ruined!”  

“… How much longer do I have to close my eyes?”

My eyelashes trembled from the tickling.  

After closing my eyes for a while, I was able to open my eyes only when I was about to fall asleep.  

“Your Highness! We Are done!”

“Wow…! You guys are so talented!”  

“Now, I think it would be better to choose earrings and necklaces that match the dress!”  

The maids began to display a variety of necklaces and earrings sets.  

Here, about one-third was given by the villain, and the rest was given to me by my father and brother. 

It was the biggest challenge.  

Because I had no idea which were given by whom!  

My memory isn’t as good as I thought, so I couldn’t remember exactly what someone gave me

Here, I had to choose only what the villain gave me.  

“But it’s a new year’s festival, so wouldn’t it be better to go with what dad gave me as a present?”  

“Then shall we use this?” 

Well, the maid’s eyes would be better than my eyes. Let’s not believe in my eyes. Because my perspective is not reliable. It’s an eye that I shouldn’t trust.

“Your Highness…!” 

Everyone’s voices were filled with emotion.  

My hair, which was always hanging down, was neatly pulled up. I also wore earrings and a necklace, a set of exquisitely crafted silver gemstones.

The image of a woman in a dress that was not too revealing in light purple was reflected in the mirror. 

Obviously it’s me, but it felt very unfamiliar.  

“The main character of this festival is, of course, the princess! Because there is no woman in the world who has a higher status than you!”  

“… Thank you.”

This compliment was awkward. 

“Yulia.”  

I heard my brother’s voice outside. My brother arrived just in time. I agreed to be escorted by my brother.  

“Brother!”  

“Yulia…”

My brother must be surprised because he never saw me like this.

Maybe he thought of our mother after seeing me.

“Yulia, you’re beautiful. I thought an angel fell from the sky.” 

My brother reached out his hand to escort me.  

I know it was just a compliment, but it feels good to hear it.

He always tells me I’m pretty, but… It’s always nice to hear that I’m pretty. 

“….. Mother would like to see it if she were alive.”

“Brother.”  

I grabbed my brother’s hand and moved.  

We held hands tightly and went outside.

It was the first outside event I attended. 

“Right Yulia, dad will come as soon as work is done. He will probably arrive a little later than us.” 

 “Yes.”

“Don’t be nervous. There’s nothing to be nervous about.”

 “Yes!”  

The door opened.  The moment I entered the room, I felt as if everyone’s eyes were being swept in this direction. 

As soon as I walked in, I almost froze.  Because there were so many people, I held my brother’s hand even tighter. 

I felt like I was out of breath as a lot of people’s eyes turned towards me. 

“Yulia. If you can’t stand it……”

“No, brother. I’m fine.”  

“Yulia. You’re saying this but you don’t look all right.”

“… I’m fine. It might be all right when daddy comes, right?” 

“Okay. I’ll stay by your side instead, so you don’t have to look scared like that. After all, you will be the main character of the day.”

I was led by my brother’s hand, and headed for a seat. 

Right, I have my brother. I become energized remembering that.

“Yulia. Maybe here, you will meet the person you’ve been waiting for so long…”

 “I really hope so.” 

The boy was clearly a nobleman, judging from his clothes.

“I just want to see him again.” 

I’m not going to actively search for him. Unless he did so first, I wasn’t going to pretend to know him even when I recognized him.

It would be difficult to talk to him because of the villain.

“Yes. Most nobles participate in the New Year’s festival, so check it out.” 

“Yes.” 

Then I heard a voice announcing my father’s arrival.

“The sun of the empire, His Majesty the Supreme Emperor enters!” 

The door opened and my dad entered. 

I was a little perplexed when I saw the man following him.  

No, why are you coming in with the villain dad?  

I wasn’t the only one surprised.  

The people talked about it.

Why did they come together?

I was anxious.  

No, it’s probably nothing to worry about.  Because there is no need to be anxious.  

As dad sat at his seat, the villain knelt down on one of his knees in front of the stairs.  Why do I feel a sense of ominousness in that action?  

My heart was pounding.  

I was anxious.  

At that moment, our eyes met.  

He smiled slightly at me. 

Why does a smiling face feel so ominous?  

“Chester Siegbert. I swear allegiance to the imperial family.” 

Was there a scene like this in the original?