Chapter 38

Yulia's POV:

Today was the day he left for the battlefield.

I didn’t have to see him off. 

No, actually, I didn’t want to go.  

I didn’t want to see his face. But I needed to know what he was thinking, and what he wanted by telling me such a lie. 

I impulsively went to the wall. I didn’t want to see his face, but I wanted to make sure he was really leaving.

I just wanted to see with my own two eyes that I was leaving, and that was all.  

A strong wind blew as I climbed up to the wall.  

“Princess!”

“……”

I could see him leaving. At that moment, the villain headed toward me.

It wasn’t clear because there was quite a distance, but it seemed like we had eye contact. And smiled at me.

It was all a bunch of pretenses. His smile felt disgusting.

 “… Liar.”

“What?” 

Still, I was a little relieved to think that I would not see him for a long time to come.

It didn’t feel bad for me to think about not seeing that disgusting face.

And because there is hope that I can keep the story away from the original.  

Perhaps the reason why he is obsessed with marriage with me may be because he has his eyes on the throne like in the original story.  

Is he acting with the intention of making the imperial family feel safe with him and betray us later?

Is participating in this war for that reason too?

“…… Nanny, let’s go back”

“Yes, Princess.”

It was not a war that my precious brother or father went directly to. It was a war in which the villain participated in the war and he might die.  

So there was nothing to worry about.  

I just need to think about the well-being of me and my family.  

“Princess, do you have any concerns?”  

“… No.”

“I’ll listen to everything, I’ll keep it a secret from His Majesty, so don’t worry”

“… Nanny. What do you think about me marrying the Duke of Siegbert?” 

“Um …. I don’t know what the imperial family might think, but I want the princess to be happy.”

“My… happiness?”

“Yes, it’s your choice. Don’t choose something you will regret.”

From the beginning, this war will end with defeat. So I never had to marry him. 

But why do I keep feeling anxious?

“Nanny, if I marry the Duke of Siegbert, that’s a good choice for the imperial family, but for me, it’s not a good choice.”

“I just want the princess to be happy.”

“……”

“Because you make all the choices.”

The choice is mine. I was also responsible for my choices.