32 ➵ two days later

"This is your baby?" dad asked and pointed to the ultrasound picture with a small smile.

"Isn't she beautiful?"

"Besides the fact that she looks like a small dot, yes, she's very beautiful."

"I call him a small pea but Calum always says that she's smaller than a bug and I think that's so adorable. I can't wait until he finally grows," I explained, the smile never leaving my lips.

"Are you getting twins or why are you always changing the gender?" he asked and laughed, then placed the picture on the table and took a sip from his coffee.

"No, at least I hope we don't. I just don't like to call the baby 'it', so I'm changing the genders because I also don't want to say 'the baby' all the time."

"But you want a boy, right?"

I nodded, "Kind of. I've always said that I wanted a boy if I'd ever become a dad but I will love the baby no matter what gender. I can imagine that Calum wants a girl because he could buy her all these cute clothes and stuff and everything could be pink."

We then continued talking about the baby, Calum and about the future, what would happen when the child was born.

"Babies are expensive, Michael. I'm afraid that the money you both are earning now won't be enough and Calum will probably stop working. I am here to help you, you know that but it won't be enough, especially in the first years," he explained with a concerned look on his face.

"I know and I'm planning on getting a second job, a job that pays better than the game store. I've talked about it with Calum already and he has some money saved and I do too."

"But you saved that money to make your dream come true, Michael."

I sighed, "I know but it will have to wait. I have Calum now and we will have a baby and they are more important to me than a silly dream."

"I'm so happy that I get to call you my son, you know? You're a great person and I am so proud of you and you should be proud, too," he said with a smile and I pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you, dad."

✧✧

"How is Calum?" Ashton asked as we sat down on his couch, the TV was quietly playing in the background.

"Sometimes he breaks down because of what happened and he still has those nightmares, so he's not exactly okay. He wants to go to therapy now because he wants to get better but I can't help him and he can't help himself. It's a good decision," I told him.

Peyton joined us and sat down on Ashton's lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and it was a cute sight. I loved their relationship.

"Do you think he can come back to work anytime soon?"

"Next week, that's what he told me. He was scared that he would be fired if he would stay at home longer."

"I wouldn't have let that happen, Michael, I hope you know that. What happened to Calum is horrible and it wasn't his fault. Say him he doesn't need to worry. I'm happy to have him back, though. Luke already misses him," Ashton said and chuckled.

"Thank you, it really means a lot to me and him. Calum is really happy that you're now his friend. He was so scared you would hate him for a lifetime."

"I never even hated him."

It was silent for a few second and my heart started to beat a little faster. I was nervous about telling Ashton and Peyton that Calum was pregnant. I knew they wouldn't judge but this was a big thing.