22 ➵ two weeks later

[A/N: Calum's outfit on the side/top, without the hat/beanie, though]

I quietly sneaked into Calum's bedroom, trying not to knock the tablet with breakfast from my hands to the ground. Before waking him, I placed the food on the small night stand next to his bed, then I crawled behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling my head into his neck, breathing in Calum's sweet scent.

"Good morning, princess," I whispered and placed a kiss to his neck.

He didn't say anything, nor did he move and to be honest, I didn't want to wake up the sleeping beauty but I had things planned for today and we needed to get out of the house early.

My hands wandered under my shirt that he was wearing, softly stroking his soft skin.

"Michael," he groaned, then mumbled, "You're hands are so, so cold."

I chuckled softly and placed another kiss to the spot behind his ear.

"Wake up birthday boy, I prepared breakfast in bed for you."

It took some time until he finally made a movement and slowly turned around in my arms, looking me directly in the eyes and smiled.

"Breakfast in bed? This is new," Calum said and giggled quietly.

"Don't get used to it, I only did it because it's your birthday today."

He placed a soft, longing kiss onto my lips. I could ignore the morning breath easily since his lips on mine were all that mattered.

I wanted to get up to get the breakfast from the night stand but Calum wrapped his arms and legs around my whole body, making it hard for me to get out of bed.

"Don't leave," he mumbled into my neck while I was still trying to wiggle out of his tight grip.

"But I have to get the breakfast. I also made hot chocolate with baby marshmallows and if you keep holding onto me then the hot chocolate gets cold," I explained and felt his grip loosen. Calum then let go of me completely.

"You had me at baby marshmallows."

I smiled at how adorable he was and walked to the other side of the bed where the breakfast was standing, placing it onto Calum's lap.

"You made heart shaped pancakes," he said excited and smiled big at me. "That's so cute, thank you."

"You're welcome, baby. Now if you excuse me, I have to get something. I'll be back in a second, just start eating your breakfast," I said. Calum nodded and I left the room.

After checking my phone and seeing that I got a message from Ashton saying that everything was set up, I went to the living room and got the little present for Calum. It wasn't the big present yet, just a small one but I knew he would like it.

When I returned to the bedroom, I saw Calum chewing the pancakes happily.

"Do they taste good? This was actually my first time making pancakes," I said and laughed nervously.

"Yeah, they're very good."

"I'm glad. Now if you could stop eating for a minute that would be great, I want to give you something."

He placed down the knife and fork and turned his head to me, looking at me with a big smile and eyes sparkling and he was so beautiful.

"Do I get a present now?" he asked.

"It's not really a present and if, it's just a small one. Don't worry you'll get more but for now I'm going to give you this," I said and placed a small tiara on his head. "Party hats don't really suit such a beautiful princess like you, so I got you this."