Chapter 1

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

[surname] [name] was walking the streets of Tokyo. Unfortunately for everyone in the city, the rain that night was mercilessly pouring down towards the earth. Cars honked as motorcycles dangerously sped through the streets, civilians ran for cover as others already had an umbrella protecting their heads.

A man sitting alone on a sidewalk bench caught her eye. It was no mistake that he was soaking wet, yet he sat still like another realistic statue you see on the streets. He looked a bit thin with his black long sleeve and pants. A worried expression made its way on her face, concern for the well-being of a person she doesn't know.

She approached the man, sitting next to him despite the wet bench soaking the bottom of her slacks. He didn't seem to be much of a threat, ignoring the kind girl who just came in uninvited. At least, that's what it seemed to her as she didn't see the gun he was hiding. Although, why should she intrude on a stranger on the streets? 

Holding the umbrella between them, she took out what seems to be a warm taiyaki from her bag. Even so, the man didn't budge. Still staring at the streets mindlessly which made the girl beside him even more concerned. His sleepless eyes were covered, yet his dark circles still peaked out from under his white hair.

"Excuse me," she said hesitantly, "I don't mean to be rude, but you seem like someone who would enjoy a freshly cooked taiyaki during this cold and wet weather."

A soft smile kept its place on her lips, but it shined brighter than the street lights around them. [name] handed him the meat bun with her free hand, still making sure that the umbrella wouldn't tip over. The man seemed to be aloof about the situation, slowly turning his head towards the girl. However, their eyes never met.

She noticed that he hesitantly tried to reach out his hand. With a sigh, she positioned the umbrella to make it stand on its own before gently handing it to him. She placed it on his free hand, the warmth radiating from it and the smell alone was enough to make him want to eat it immediately.

He noticed her shifting in place. Fixing her jacket and placing it on top of her head. The blazer wasn't made for sheltering one's head from the rain, yet she still made use of it in order to make the mysterious stranger feel more comfortable and safe.

"You can take the umbrella in the meantime. I hope fate will allow us to meet once again. You can return it to me then!" she exclaimed in a gleeful tone, much to his surprise.

[name] walked away from the man without another word. Going back to her own personal life, she left him in the rain. But now, he has something to protect him from the heavy raindrops that continue to pelt down from above.

Sitting silently, he still has yet to comprehend what has happened. The warm taiyaki still sat on his hand, untouched and fresh. The smell was tempting and the heat from it made his cold hand feel warm.

Staring at the snack in his hands, he slowly brought it up in his mouth and nibbled on it. It wasn't a surprise to see a figure running towards him from afar either. 

He wondered what exactly made such a person like her turn his way. What was the price he needed to pay for the kindness he has received?

Manjiro Sano, also known as the Invincible Mikey. Head of Bonten, the most dangerous criminal organization in Japan. Everyone was aware of how much loss he has suffered in his lifetime, yet no one could ever comprehend the pain he's still suffering from. The feeling of warmth when someone cared for him was lost many years ago. However, he felt a piece of it again after that night.

Be that as it may, he wasn't too naive to rely on this feeling called hope. But what if fate did allow them to meet once again?