Chapter 2

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

Another day has passed and Christmas is drawing near. The first snow has finally arrived and the air grew colder as the sun rises every day and much more freezing when the moon finally wakes up at night. The stores were crowded with families and couples, buying gifts for their close ones and spending the holidays together.

However, it was different for the unfortunate civilians who would have to be working on this wonderful snowy day. One was stuck signing papers and managing the workplace while the other stared mindlessly at the beaten, bruised, and bloody bodies of traitors.

Although, life does have a way of pulling people together. No matter their differences, their backgrounds, their lives, the two souls will find a way to be together. Some may call this destiny or fate, maybe just a simple coincidence. Either way, the two of them would definitely play a key role in each other's stories. They just don't know it yet.

Mikey had just finished doing his business in an abandoned warehouse somewhere in the city. He was followed by Bonten's top men behind along with some executive members to protect him. Well, not that he needed it. He still remembered the other night when a kind girl offered to lend him her umbrella.

It was only a few minutes after when Bonten's Number 2, Sanzu Haruchiyo picked him up from under the unforgiving rain. He was surprised to see his boss slowly nibbling down on the taiyaki under an umbrella he doesn't remember seeing. Even so, he was at least relieved to see Mikey eating again after a few days of barely having a bite of food.

[name], however, wasn't as lucky as anyone would think she is. With Christmas drawing near and the holidays beginning, it only pains her to see groups of people hanging out everywhere she looks. So, instead, she decided to drown herself in papers and overtime work. It would benefit her since she would need to pay some overdue rent sometime soon.

Although, she couldn't stand the sight of someone suffering under the rain alone. Beliefs were a strong thing for people and she believed that a small act of kindness could mean the world to someone else. Her mother had taught that as she grew up and implied it even when she wasn't around anymore.

Both their lives are different, yet their suffering remains. Or so it seems.

Mikey had Sanzu look into the mysterious girl, although without a name or a proper description the task would be a difficult one. Sanzu didn't understand why his boss would be interested in someone, much less a girl whom he met out of the blue. He assumed it was because he needed her for business or planned to do something else.

At least, that was until Mikey told him all about how he just met her on the street. Only now, he could only wonder what motives did the mysterious girl have. Even so, maybe he was the least bit thankful that someone cared about his boss despite the status.

Maybe not everyone has the same beliefs as [name], but not everyone can show that much amount of kindness to a stranger either. Mikey was intrigued. Did he really want to see her again or knowing her background would just benefit his curiosity?