Chapter 10 | Esso

He burst through the doors. There it was. A big pack of chocolate buttons. He'd made it. Rowan opened the packet but Evan shmacked it out of his hands.
"No!" Evan shouted, "you've done enough!"
"Thisis thu Esso man!" Rowan shoved Evan.
"I know!" He shouted and shoved Rowan back. They started fighting across the isles sending sweets across the floor. Rowan slid on a pack of skittles and landed on his back.
"Oh leavme alone!" He shouted, "Whyd you care anyway!"
"Because I fucking care! There is a reason I'm angry at you!"
"Godd I know! But it's not my fault you got the blame!"
"That's not the point! You let me down man. You we Rowan Aboat. Rowan A fucking boat! I would've followed you to the Esso. Hell. I fucking have!"
"Well stop following me!" Rowan swept Evans feet and he landed in a pile of smarties and it burst and individual smarties filled the floor.

The fought in the sweets and Evan got Rowan in a head lock.
"No! It's justu chocolate button! Auu! You got everything you want!"
"What you chatting?" Evan shouted.
"Oh you got your perfect plan andu perfect relationship andu perfect school." Evan let go and Rowan fell out of the isle and slide across the smarties to hit his head on the counter.
"You think it's so perfect?" Evan said, "She left me Rowan. Said all men are the same. She's being brainwashed by that girl and her feminists, but I'm the psycho for pointing it out? I am trying to win her back and god knows I am losing, but I will continue to fight because that is how we get though high school!"
"Exactly! You fight for what's important!"
"What's so important about the golden rail?"
"IT'S ALL I'VE GOT!" Rowan leapt across the counter and picked a pack of chocolate buttons of the self.
Evan got across as well and threw the pack away.

They fought some more behind the counter until Evan ripped off Rowans jacket and exposed his wrists. Bandages covered both arms. Rowan fell to his knees.
"You need help Rowan."
"I got help." Rowan dropped his arms, "You know what help was? Help was laying ona sofa talking about how fucking depressing things ad got. That is not my idea of a good time."
"And this is?" Evan said.
"They told me how to be! ME!"
"Rowan, mate." Evan kneeled down, "How can you be close with people if you keep pushing them away."
"I don't wanna be close." Rowan stood up, "It never got better then tha night. Thatwas meant to be the start of summer, the beginning of my life! All that friendship and fucking comedy! That feeling like we would last forever! It was a big lie. Nothing happened."
Evan sat back, "You can't fix everything with comedy Rowan..." He looked at his friend in dismay, "You don't need to do this." He said.
Rowan gave him a glance, "Yea, I do." He took the last pack off the shelf. The Esso shook.

The whole building was lifted up. It rose past the blue city and they could see the world outside lowering. They were brought up into the mother ship of the zombies. They looked around but it was empty and dark and boring when all of a sudden a big door opened.
The leader of the invasion approached. It was Donn!!!!! Well, he was a zombie and the hair on his head was the leader.
"Rowan About, of the humans." He said.
"...ye." Rowan sighed.
"Rowan, About of the humans. We are the turqulish. And we are here to make Spring Valley better."
Another door opened and Annie walked out with her dyed hair back on.
"We insert a small percent of our hair amongst a large quantity of your population to ensure full coverage." She said.
Then from another door came Richard, now with green hair and he spoke,
"Our plan isn't to take over, we wish to help. These obscure towns and cities are perfect for us. Before we introduce ourselves to Spring Valley."

Troy then came in.
"We are here for your betterment." He said, "Join us and you can be perfect. You can be how you want to be, how you were."
"Isn't that something you'd like?" Annie asked.
"Something, you've always wanted?" Richard added.

They all looked upwards and Rowan and Evan followed. A lift lowered showing Rowan himself, as he was at the end of year eight.
"Oh my god." Rowan said, "I'm so cute."
The zombie Rowan stepped off and approached his real counterpart.
"Allow me to carry on your legacy. From how you were. With who you were with. Allow the boy you have become, to be the boy you were." The zombie Rowan said.